Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

BLOG | May 2020 Releases

The Courage to Overcome: Trent Slade’s Story The Courage to Overcome: Trent Slade’s Story

Despite battling brain cancer for several years, UW freshman Trent Slade didn’t let this disease take control of his future as a student, son, brother and musician.

Climbing Frozen Water: Bailey Lasko’s ADVENTUROUS Definition Climbing Frozen Water: Bailey Lasko’s ADVENTUROUS Definition

It only takes one glace at kinesiology major Bailey Laskso’s Snapchat story to see that he possesses an adventurous side and lives for the outdoors. Consuming his free time with climbing, running or hiking, Lasko says being outside at least twice a week helps him “recharge his batteries.”

Student Resources for Success Student Resources for Success

When I first started college, I was so excited for my new adventure, but also a little nervous about moving away and being on my own. I was worried about doing well in school, making friends, and finding my place at UW.

Living on Campus Living on Campus

Beginning college comes with so many exciting changes, including moving into your own space. Moving into the residence halls is a great way to meet new people, get used to living on your own, and have all of campus right outside your door.

Why You Should Get Involved with Clubs and Organizations Why You Should Get Involved with Clubs and Organizations

Before we get into the how, lets briefly talk about why you should join a RSO (recognized student organization) or club. Getting involved with a student club or organization can be one of the best ways to meet new people with similar interests and, in-turn, establish lifelong friendships.

Top 10 Things to Do in Laramie Top 10 Things to Do in Laramie

One of my favorite parts of being a college student in Laramie is how much there is to do. Don't be deceived by the small-town feel, there is so much going on here! As one of the top-rated outdoor schools in the U.S., we have no shortage of things to keep you busy and entertained between classes.

The Best Hidden Study Spots The Best Hidden Study Spots

Almost every building on the University of Wyoming’s campus has a place for students to study or do homework. Everyone studies and does homework differently, and not everyone wants to work in the library or Union, so I’ve listed some great places around campus that people aren’t always familiar with that range from isolated to busy. 

10 Tips for Living with a Roommate 10 Tips for Living with a Roommate

Living with someone new can be tough! It’s not always easy adjusting to a new life away from home, and sometimes we get on one another’s nerves. I have found that these tips can lead to healthy relationships that can blossom into livelong friends. Here are my top 10 tips for living with a roommate.

10 Things I'd Tell My Freshman Self 10 Things I'd Tell My Freshman Self

When older generations are asked to reflect on their lives, they almost always say something related to, “I wish I would have done more.” So, if you get anything out of this list, let it be the idea that you should strive to have no regrets during your university experience.

The Endless Number of Food Options at UW The Endless Number of Food Options at UW

As students, there’s a definite need for brain power, and UW is here to supply its community with the necessary foods to get those nutrients. There are several great spots to grab good food on campus, and the Washakie Dining Center provides residential and commuter meal plans all year long.

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon