Rocky Mountain Scholars
The University of Wyoming is proud to offer the Rocky Mountain Scholars Award to eligible international freshmen students. The Rocky Mountain Scholars Award provides annual scholarship support to select new international freshmen students based on their incoming cumulative grade point average (GPA).
|3.0 - 3.39||$3,000|
|3.4 - 4.0||$5,500|
To be considered for the Rocky Mountain Scholars Award, international students must:
- Apply for admission by May 1 (for Fall enrollment)
- Submit the $40 admission application fee by May 1 (for Fall enrollment)
- Submit official high school/secondary school transcripts by May 1 (for Fall enrollment)
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores by May 1 (for Fall enrollment)
- Submit a completed UW Confidential Financial Statement by May 1
- Be admitted to UW
- Confirm enrollment by August 1, 11:59 pm Mountain Daylight Time
Students are provisionally awarded the Rocky Mountain Scholars Award by the UW Admissions Office shortly after being admitted. Final awards are made upon receipt of all final academic records. A student's scholarship award may go up or down based on their final cumulative GPA. The University of Wyoming Admissions Office evaluates all international transcripts and calculates grade point averages for students upon receiving all application materials.
Students selected to receive the Rocky Mountain Scholars Award for the Fall semester must confirm their enrollment at UW by August 1 at 11:59 pm Mountain Daylight Time.
Initial Eligibility and Scholarship Compliance
- The Rocky Mountain Scholars Award is only available to first-time, entering international freshmen seeking their first bachelor's degree.
- This scholarship is renewable for up to 8 semesters (4 academic years) or up to the first bachelor's degree whichever comes first.
- Students must maintain full-time continuous enrollment in Laramie campus courses (12 semester hours) during the Fall and Spring semesters each year but is not available for use during the Summer semester.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA (evaluated at the end of each Spring semester).
All UW scholarships are subject to available funding, and are only available for eligible admits who begin in the fall semester.