History Day Forms
Resources for Students (pdf)
2015 Wyoming History Day Contest
The theme for 2015 is "Leadership and Legacy." Read the full 2015 theme description to learn more at http://www.nationalhistoryday.org/.
2015 Contest possible topics: Topics from National History Day Website
Please review the directions for registering (PDF). District-specific information is detailed below.
- Region 1 (Park, Washakie, and Big Horn Counties): February 25, 2015 / 8:30 a.m. / Worland Middle School / Coordinator: Suzanne Dorn.
- Region 2 (Crook, Campbell, Johnson, Niobrara, Sheridan, and Weston Counties): March 13, 2015 / Sheridan Weslyan Church in Sheridan, WY / Coordinator: Sharie Prout
- Region 3 (Natrona and Converse Counties): March 21, 2015 /Casper, WY - Kelly Walsh High School / Coordinator: Ruth Putnam, 307-253-4318
- Region 4 (Laramie, Platte, and Goshen Counties): March 17, 2015 / 9:00a.m. / Laramie County Community College (Cheyenne) / Coordinator: Mary Jo Birt, 307-322-1518; Jennifer Calvetti, 307-771-2680.
- Region 5 (Albany and Carbon Counties): March 27, 2015 / 9:00 am / UW American Heritage Center in Laramie, WY / Coordinator: Cynthia Webb, 307-721-2155
- Region 6 (Hot Springs and Fremont Counties): February 24, 2015 - Dubois High School / Dubois / Coordinator: Gayla Hammer, 307-332-6690
- Region 7 (Uinta, Sweetwater, Lincoln, Sublette, and Teton Counties): March 11, 2015 / 8:00 a.m. / Boces Building in Pinedale, WY / Coordinator: Ann Noble, 307-367-4209
PLEASE NOTE: Teton County Schools are now in region 7 and
will compete in Pinedale
State Competition 2015
The state competition will occur on April 13, 2015, at the University of Wyoming, in Laramie. Register by 11:59 p.m., Friday, April 3, 2015. Deadlines for submitting papers, documentaries, and web sites is Monday, April 6, 2015, at 11:59p.m.
- You may either submit 3 hard copies of your paper to: Wyoming History Day, Dept. 3924, 1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071-2000 or send an electronic copy of your paper to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your URL for your website to email@example.com
- Please mail a copy of your documentary on a DVD or Flashdrive to WHD, Dept. 3924, 1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY, 82071-2000 postmarked no later than April 6, 2015.
- Submit process papers and annotated bibliographies to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for scholarships and some special awards. Check awards in the on-line registration program.
Schedule of Events 2015 (subject to change)
- Check-In (UW Conference Center)
- Sunday April 12, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Monday April 13, 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Exhibit Set-Up (Hilton Garden Inn Ballroom and Salons C & D)
- Sunday April 12, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Monday April 13, 7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
- Storage for Performance Props (Sunday April 12, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
- Junior Groups in UW Student Union room 206 (2nd floor)
- Junior Individuals in Garden Room #2 in Hilton Garden Inn
- All Senior Entries in the Stock Growers Room in the AHC 2nd Floor
- Orientations for Judges
- Sunday April 12, 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Hilton Garden Inn, Salon E)
- Monday April 13, 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Hilton Garden Inn Salon E (Continental Breakfast provided Monday morning for judges.)
- All Senior Papers, Documentaries, Web Sites, and Performances - American Heritage Center
- Junior Group and Individual Documentaries - UW Student Union
- Junior Group Performances – UW Student Union
- Junior Individual Performances – Hilton Garden Inn Garden Rooms
- Junior Papers – Gateway Center Interview Rooms - 2nd Floor
- Junior & Senior Exhibits - Hilton Garden Inn Ballroom Salosn C & D
- Junior Group Web Sites –Hilton Garden Inn Salons F & G
- Junior Individual Web Sites - UW Conference Center - UW & HGI Board Rooms
- Participants, Teachers, Chaperones - UW Conference Center Salons A & B
- Judges - UW Conference Center Salon E
Meet Abraham Lincoln (Monday April 13. 3:00 p.m.) Gateway Center Ball Room
Awards Ceremony (Monday April 13, 4:00 p.m.) Gateway Center Ball Room
National Qualifiers Meeting (Monday April 13, 5:00 p.m.) Gateway Center Ball Room
National Competition 2015
The national competition will be held June 14-18, 2015, at the University of Maryland, College Park.