UW Alumni Association
Alumni Networks & Chapters
What is a UWAA Alumni Network/Chapter?
Networks are local or interest based affiliates of the University of Wyoming Alumni
Association formed by alumni and fan volunteers to:
- Provide alumni, friends, and fans with a connection to UW and expand UWAA outreach
across the nation and the world.
- Promote participation in the UWAA.
- Coordinate events that bring alumni and fans together to support UW.
- Be advocates for alumni career connections, support and resources.
- Be advocates for perspective student enrollment in the University of Wyoming.
Our networks are under construction!
If you're looking for a network or need more information, contact our Associate Director
of Alumni Engagement at email@example.com, or call our office at (307) 766-4166.
Four types of Alumni Networks/Chapters:
Geographic Chapters: Alumni and friends of UW in specific regions (e.g. WY county, state, US region, etc).
Affinity Chapters: Alumni and friends with a shared common attribute or activity (e.g., law, energy,
Academic Chapters: Alumni who graduated from a specific academic discipline (e.g., MBA, nursing, music,
biology, education, business).
Corporate Chapters: Alumni and friends that share present or former ties to a specific professional organization
Starting and Organizing an Alumni Network/Chapter:
- Alumni networks have a Network Chair and Assistant Chair to serve as their representatives
to the Office of Alumni Relations and the UWAA Board. They are responsible for planning
and executing events within their prospective region and/or affinity group.
- The Network must have an active roster of six alumni volunteers.
- For geographic based alumni networks, define the region’s boundaries. For affinity,
academic, and corporate chapters, the uniting interest must be identified.
- Publish an appeal to alumni in the defined region or affinity group to serve on the
- Identify a Chair, and Assistant Chair.
- The Network Chair and Assistant completes and submits a Network/Chapter Chair and Assistant Chair Profile and Network/Chapter Chair and Assistant Chair Acknowledgement of Responsibilities to the UWAA Executive Director.
- Complete Petition for Network/Chapter Charter Form (with no fewer than 6 member names) and the Network/Chapter Chair and Assistant Chair Acknowledgement of Responsibilities and submit to the network committee to the Coordinator of Networks, Memberships and
- The UWAA board reviews at a regularly scheduled board meeting. Upon approval, network/chapter
recognition will be granted.
- Once chartered, the network committee, under the leadership of the Network and Assistant
Chairs, will set network goals with the assistance of the Coordinator of Networks,
Memberships and Student Programs.
- To maintain the status of a network, all guidelines within the Alumni Engagement Handbook must be acknowledged and followed.
Transition to a Chapter:
All of the above guidelines will be required for a chapter. A network may move to
chapter status when the network has a Chair, Assistant Chair and one other leader
position and a roster of 25 members with at least 15 of them being paid and active
members of the UWAA. The roster must be supported with names of the minimum of 25
roster members with membership status confirmed by the Coordinator of Networks, Memberships
and Student Programs.