FIG Eligibility Requirements
In order to join a First-Year Interest Group, you must:
- Be admitted to the University of Wyoming as a first-time first-year student.
- Complete the Residence Life and Dining Services Contract contract and live in the
Residence Halls your first year.
- Not be an Engineering Major (see below for contact information for Engineering).
- Talk to your coach, if you are an athlete, to determine if a FIG will be a good fit
- Understand that you will be assigned to the appropriate FIG floor in the Residence
Halls, and that the FIG assignment will take priority over any other living plan choices
marked on your housing contract.
- Understand that you will be enrolled into the FIG sections of the FIG courses, and
that you must remain enrolled in these sections.
- Meet any pre-requisites for courses that are included in the FIG (specifically, meet
the appropriate math pre-requisites if the FIG includes LIFE 1010 or CHEM 1020).
- Be ready to join a community of learners -- both students and faculty -- who share
NOTE: If you are interested in one of the following programs, you MUST contact the
person listed BEFORE enrolling in a FIG:
Laurie Bonini, Student Advising Manager
Contact your coach.
No need to contact Honors college prior to enrolling in a FIG, but you should be aware
that you will be living on a FIG floor rather than on the Honors floor or the Honors
House. However, you will still be an active member of the Honors College. Note: There are more Honors College students than beds in both the Honors floor and
the Honors House.