Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Human Resources

Supplemental Retirement FAQ


How much can I contribute to a 403(b) or a 457(b) plan? - Top

For 2015, the maximum deferral is $18,000. The age 50 catch up is $6,000. For 403(b)'s, additional catch up may be available for more than 15 years of service; please contact your 403(b) company to determine your eligibility. For 457(b)'s, additional catch up may be available if within 3 years of normal retirement age of the plan; please contact your 457(b) company to determine your eligibility.



When can I enroll in 403(b) and 457(b) plans? - Top

You may enroll in either plan at any time. Enrollment forms and salary reduction forms must be received in the Payroll Office the month prior to the pay date you would like to start. (i.e. If you would like the change to take place on your May 31st paycheck your paperwork needs to be in to the Payroll Office no later than April 30th.)




Am I limited in the number of times I may change the deduction amount? - Top

You may increase, decrease or suspend your contribution at any time. You'll need to complete a new salary reduction agreement that reflects the new deduction amount. Please remember to have the paperwork in the month prior for the effected change.




Contact Us

Human Resources

Campus: Hill Hall, 3rd Floor

Mail: Dept 3422

1000 E. University Ave.

Laramie, WY 82071-2000

Phone: 307.766-2377

Fax: 307.766.5607

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon