- Apply to UW
- Programs & Majors
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Current Students
- UW Life
- About UW
Wyoming Public Media (WPM) reached its $340,000 Spring Membership Drive goal last week, with close to $280,000 of that amount raised through on-air and online pledging alone.
Nearly 3,000 individual contributors and businesses participated as either annual or sustaining donors, says WPM General Manager Christina Kuzmych. This year, listeners again were encouraged to pledge early for a faster end to the drive, and it ended one day earlier than expected.
WPM includes three radio stations: Wyoming Public Radio, Classical Wyoming and Jazz Wyoming, and a streaming online service at www.wyomingpublicmedia.org.
“This is a tough economic time in Wyoming, and we were truly heartened by the level of support,” Kuzmych says. “WPM covers most of the state, and listeners value the ability to connect with fellow Wyomingites and share a common Wyoming experience.”
A service of the University of Wyoming Outreach School, WPM airs news from National Public Radio and the BBC, Classical Wyoming with 24/7 classical music and Jazz Wyoming with 24/7 jazz.
“WPM is part of UW’s education mission but, unlike the classroom, our education reaches people where they live -- in their homes, cars and at work,” Kuzmych says. “It keeps them continually informed about the world around them. We often think of ourselves as part of the ‘last mile’ in the education continuum.”
WPM receives 60 percent of its operating budget from member and corporate support, and from grants, she adds. Federal and state funding -- through UW -- provides the remaining 40 percent.
For a complete list of stations, program schedules and other information about WPM, visit the website at www.wyomingpublicmedia.org. To listen online, go to "Listen Live" on the home page.