Emeritus Professor of Weed Science
1968 - Colorado State University, BS, Agronomy
1970 - North Dakota State University, MS, Agronomy
1973 - North Dakota State University, PhD, AgronomyExperience
Honors and Awards
- 1987 - Professor, University of Wyoming
- 1984 - Associate Professor, University of Wyoming
- 1980 - Associate Professor, North Dakota State University
- 1975 - Assistant Professor, North Dakota State University
- 1973 - Assistant in Agronomy, North Dakota State University
- 1968 - NDEA Fellow, North Dakota State University
- 1995 - Fellow, Western Society Weed Science
- 1993 - George Duke Humphrey Award, University of Wyoming
- 1992 - Research Runner-up No-till Tiger, CTIC
- 1992 - Superior Service, Beet Sugar Development Foundation
- 1991 - Outstanding Weed Scientist, Western Society Weed Science
- 1984 - Outstanding Contributions to No-till Farming, Manitoba-ND - Zero-till Assoc.
- 1984 - Merit Award, North Dakota Ag Chem Assoc.
- Alpha Zeta
- American Society of Agronomy
- American Society of Sugarbeet Technologists
- Crop Science Society of America
- Gamma Sigma Delta
- North Central Weed Science Society
- Sigma Xi
- Weed Science Society America
- Western Society of Weed Science
- Refereed Journal Articles: 60
- Proceedings/Abstracts: 200
- Extension Bulletins: 37
- Research Progress Reports: 470
- Books/Chapters: 9
- Thesis/Dissertations: 27
- Miscellaneous Publications: 58
- Invited Presentations: 42
Lyon, D.J., S.D. Miller and G.A. Wicks. 1996. The future of herbicides in weed control
systems of the Great Plains. J. Prod. Agric. 9:209-215. (invited)
Mesbah, A., S.D. Miller, K.J. Fornstrom and D.E. Legg. 1995. Wild oat and wild mustard
interference in sugarbeets. Weed Tech. 9:49-52.
Lyon, D.J., S.D. Miller and G.A. Wicks. 1994. Weed management in reduced-till cropping
systems. In Crop Residue Management to Reduce Erosion and Improve Soil Quality. A.
Black ed. USDA Rept. 38:42-52. (invited)
Krall, J.M., S.D. Miller, L.E. Bennett and D.E. Legg. 1993. Fertilizer and downy brome
effect on RWA in winter wheat. Weed Tech. 7:670-673.
Ball, D.A. and S.D. Miller. 1993. Cropping history, tillage and herbicide effects
on weed flora composition in irrigated corn. Agron. J. 85:817-821.
Dalrymple, A.W., S.D. Miller and K.J. Fornstrom. 1993. Moisture conservation and winter
wheat yield in three fallow systems. J. Soil and Water Cons. 48:53-57.
Stahlman, P.W. and S.D. Miller. 1990. Downy brome interference and economic thresholds
in winter wheat. Weed Sci. 38:224-228.
Miller, S.D. and J.D. Nalewaja. 1990. Influence of burial depth on wild oats seed
longevity. Weed Tech. 4:514-517.
Martin, D.A., S.D. Miller and H.P. Alley. 1988. Barley response to herbicides applied
at three growth stages. Weed Tech. 2:41-45.
Somody, C.N., J.D. Nalewaja and S.D. Miller. 1986. Self-burial of wild oat florets.
Agron. J. 77:359-362.