- Apply to UW
- Programs & Majors
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Current Students
- UW Life
- About UW
IF YOU ANSWER YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS, YOU MAY NEED TO OBTAIN AN EXPORT LICENSE:
1. Are you sharing, shipping, transmitting or transferring University of Wyoming-developed, non-commercial encryption software in source code or object code (including travel outside the country with such software)?
2. Do you know or have any reason to believe that the item, information or software to be shared, shipped, transmitted or transferred will support the design, development, production, stockpiling or use of a nuclear explosive device, chemical or biological weapons, or missiles?
3. Was the item, information or software to be shared, shipped, transmitted or transferred developed under a sponsored agreement imposing publication restrictions beyond a brief review (up to 90 days) for patent protection and/or inadvertent release of confidential/proprietary information?
4. Did an external sponsor, vendor, collaborator or other third party provide, under a Non-Disclosure Agreement or a Confidentiality Agreement, the item, information or software to be shared, shipped, transmitted or transferred?
5. Is the item being shared, shipped, transmitted or transferred a defense article (other than information or software) on the ITAR's United States Munitions List (USML)?
6. Is the information or software being shared, shipped, transmitted or transferred technical data on the ITAR's United States Munitions List (USML)?
7. Are you shipping or transferring items on the Commerce Control List (CCL) of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)?
8. Are you sharing, transmitting or transferring technology (information) or software code on the Commerce Control List (CCL)?
9. Is the disclosure, shipment, transmission, or transfer to an entity or person in a country subject to US economic or trade sanctions or identified by the US Department of State as a " State Sponsor of Terrorism," namely Iran, Cuba, Sudan, Syria or North Korea?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please contact the Office of Research and Economic Development at 307-766-5320.
This material is adapted from the basic design and content of Stanford University's Decision Tree . We appreciate Stanford in granting us permission to adapt its content for the University of Wyoming's benefit.