Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apartment Eligibility & Application|Residence Life & Dining Services

Thank you for your interest in the University Apartments and Bison Run Village Apartments. We provide housing for student families and single students. UW staff, faculty, and visiting scholars may also apply and are eligible for one year residency. We invite you to have a look at our unit locations, variations, and amenities before you apply. This will benefit you in making your decision and will assist us in our efforts to provide you with the area and type of unit that will best fit your needs.

University Apartments Application

Anyone who meets the University Apartments' eligibility requirements may submit an application. You may contact us to request a paper application, or complete an online application. The contract should be returned with the application fee to the Apartments Office.

Contracts are assigned based on date of receipt. The University Apartments Office does not discriminate on the basis of age, culture, ethnicity, gender, disabling conditions, race, religion, or sexual/affectionate orientation. The University of Wyoming complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Eligibility requirements state that Undergraduate students must be officially enrolled, admitted, and registered for at least 6 credit hours per semester. 
  • Correspondence and audited courses are not counted towards the eligibility requirement. 
  • Graduate students who register for 1 credit hour may occupy the apartment for a maximum of two semesters. 
  • Progress toward degree completion is required.
  • The apartment may be occupied only by people named on the application/contract. This includes roommates listed on the contract. 
  • Married couples with or without children or single parents with children constitute a family. 
  • Students who accept a University Apartment contract and who move from the residence halls must live in the apartment for the rest of the residence hall contract.

**The University reserves the right, upon 30 days notice to tenants, to increase rental, damage, and/or other related charges. Apartment rates may be adjusted quarterly during the contract period to compensate for any changes in utility consumption and/or costs.


Pets are not permitted in the University Apartments. Fish are allowed in tanks 20 gallons or less. Students registered with Disability Support Services may have a service/assistance animal for documented needs.

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon