Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming apply now

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW



  • All new Federal Direct loan borrowers should complete an Entrance Interview and sign a Master Promissory Note.
  • Save documentation of the amount of tuition and fees you pay.
  • Look for your credit balance check in the mail or setup a WyoRefunds account if you are enrolled in UW classes and your financial aid is greater than your charges.
  • High school seniors should request the UW Viewbook from their counseling office or the UW Admissions Office.
  • High school seniors may schedule a campus visit through the Admissions Office. Ask about being hosted by the UW Residence Hall staff while you're on campus - call the Residence Life and Dining Services Office to set up an overnight stay. 1-800 DIAL WYO.


  • High school seniors should meet with UW Admissions Office representatives visiting their high school, when possible.
  • High school seniors should ask their high school guidance counselor about registering for the ACT or SAT tests, if they have not taken them yet (these scores must be sent to UW).
  • High school seniors should check with their high school counselor to make sure their high school courses will meet the UW Admission standards. Make adjustments in your senior year schedule, if necessary.
  • UW students should make sure that the correct address is listed in WyoRecords. Credit balance checks are mailed to Mailing Addresses or are disbursed through WyoRefunds.
  • Look for your bill from UW in WyoRecords, under the Student Account tab, Account Summary by Term.
  • Tuition is due for the Fall Semester from enrolled students.
  • Left-over financial aid may be awarded to late applicants who make inquiries in the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid the last week in September.


  • Fill out the FAFSA using completed tax returns from the prior-prior year (for example: the 2018/19 school year uses the 2016 year tax information). The FAFSA is now available in October to make Financial Aid more available to all students. UW's school code is 003932.  Filing early is the launching point for access and opportunity to additional scholarships and federal financial aid.
  • High school seniors should submit their Admission Application, application fee and high school transcript(s). They should attend college fairs and financial aid nights in their area. They should also take the ACT or SAT college entrance exam, if they haven't done so previously.
  • Plan a campus visit, if you are a high school student. Visit the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid.


  • You may still apply for financial aid for fall or spring semesters.
  • President's High School Honor Scholarships are offered to graduating high school seniors.
  • If you have not submitted the FAFSA for the coming year, do so now. Don't delay!
  • You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the federal processor four weeks after submitting the FAFSA. Check the SAR carefully for errors. If corrections need to be made, please complete them on the FAFSA website. If not, keep it for your records.


  • Application for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Office by December 1 for consideration of Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) and Trustees' Scholars Award.
  • Research possible outside sources of scholarships on the web. The UW Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid has a good list of web sources for scholarship searches.
  • Request a housing application from the UW Residence Life and Dining Services Office.
  • If you have not submitted the FAFSA for the coming year, do so now. Don't delay!


  • If you have not submitted the FAFSA, do it now. You may have missed the deadline for Federal Perkins Loans, Federal Work-Study, and FSEOG, but you may still apply for Federal Pell Grants and Federal Direct Loans. Priority deadline is January 1.
  • Look for your SAR from the FAFSA processor, and review it to ensure that all information provided is accurate.
  • Save documentation of the amount of tuition and fees you pay to UW. 1098T will be mailed from Accounts Receivable, and can be viewed on WyoRecords.
  • Submit scholarship applications to UW's colleges through the AcademicWorks Scholarship System.
  • Spring credit balance checks will be mailed to UW students enrolled in classes, or disbursed through WyoRefunds. Be sure your Mailing Address is correct in WyoRecords.


  • Departmental Scholarship Applications deadline is February 1.
  • Tuition is due for the Spring Semester from enrolled students.


  • Start looking for a summer job. Your earnings will be important in helping to meet college expenses.
  • Save a copy of your tax return.
  • If you plan to attend summer school and use financial aid to pay for it, please remember: you must enroll in at least 6 hours (undergrad) or 4.5 (graduate student), have the current year’s FAFSA on file (if not, please complete it at The only sources of aid are Federal Direct or private loans (based on credit worthiness) and/ or in some cases a Federal Pell Grant.


  • Keep a copy of your tax return in case you are selected for the process called "verification."
  • Respond promptly to any requests for additional information from the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid.
  • Write thank-you letters to the donors who offered you scholarships, and be sure you submit them in AcademicWorks.
  • Watch the mail for the Housing/Food Service Contract, if you are a prospective student.
  • Look for an Award Notice in WyoRecords for the upcoming fall and spring, if you applied by March 1.


  • The Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid can make changes to your Award Notice based on newer information. Be sure to check your WyoRecords account to view changes and accept awards.
  • Freshmen: make plans to attend New Student Orientation in June. Contact the Admissions Office for information (1-800-DIAL-WYO, or 766-5160 in Laramie).
  • If you have been offered a scholarship for summer school, accept it through the AcademicWorks Scholarship System. If you plan to borrow a Federal Direct Loan or a private loan, please review your student portal in WyoWeb to confirm the loan has been awarded for summer school.
  • UW e-mail notification, and WyoRecords flag, of failure to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress. This failure will prevent you from receiving federal financial aid. You may request an exception by appeal.


  • The Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid will begin processing Federal Direct (Student) Loans and Federal PLUS (Parent) loans.
  • Finalize summer school or summer job plans.
  • Freshmen should call the Admissions Office to verify that final academic transcripts are on file. Get your proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella ready.


  • Did you accept your Financial Aid via WyoRecords and/or AcademicWorks?
  • Make sure that your correct address is listed in WyoRecords. Credit balance checks are mailed to Mailing Addresses or are disbursed through WyoRefunds.
  • Save money from your summer job. Do you know how much tuition, books, and living expenses will be? Estimate Cost of Attendance.
  • Enjoy the coming year!

Share This Page:

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon