Applications for student financial aid may be selected for a review process called verification. Students selected for verification are contacted by the Office of Student Financial Aid. These students should not be alarmed, it is simply a method to ensure the accuracy of your FAFSA information.Selected individuals must complete the verification process by providing the required documentation before financial aid can be processed and finalized.
Selected students should:
- Check WyoWeb Financial Aid Requirements for specific verification documents needed.
- Talk to a counselor in Student Financial Aid if they have questions about completing the verification process.
- Collect their (and their spouse's or parents') financial documents (IRS tax transcripts, W-2's, etc.) if requested.
- Complete, sign and submit the specific required documentation to the Office of Student Financial Aid.
The specific verification documents will be reviewed, if a document is received incomplete the red flag will remain on WyoWeb. The Verification Status flag will be changed when the Verification process is complete, no documentation is necessary for this flag. The verification process is indeed a process and can take 2-3 weeks. Please plan accordingly.
- 2015-2016 Verification Worksheet with Instructions (for Fall 2015)
- 2014-2015 Verification Worksheet with Instructions (for Spring and Summer 2015)