Applications for student financial aid may be selected for a review process called verification. Students selected for verification are contacted by the Office of Student Financial Aid. These students should not be alarmed, it is simply a method to ensure the accuracy of your FAFSA information.Selected individuals must complete the verification process by providing the required documentation before financial aid can be processed and finalized.
Selected students should:
- Check WyoWeb Financial Aid Requirements for specific verification documents needed.
- Talk to a counselor in Student Financial Aid if they have questions about completing the verification process.
- Collect their (and their spouse's or parents') financial documents (IRS tax transcripts, W-2's, etc.) if requested.
- Complete, sign, and submit the specific required documentation to the Office of Student Financial Aid.
The specific verification documents will be reviewed. If a document is received incomplete, the status will change from "Requested" to "Incomplete" and it will remain on WyoWeb.
Once the Student Financial Aid Office receives all the initial requested documentation, the verification status flag will be changed from "Requested" to "In Review". The status flag will change to "Complete" once the process is completely done. The verification process is indeed a process and can take 2-3 weeks. Please plan accordingly.
- 2016-2017 Verification Worksheet (Fall 2016)