WUE Transfer Award | 2023
NON-RESIDENT | TRANSFER STUDENTS
STUDENTS WHO ARE AWARDED THE WUE TRANSFER AWARD WILL PAY:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This information is for the academic year 2023-24.
The University of Wyoming will recognize non-resident transfer students as recipients
of the highly competitive Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) award. Limited awards are made to students based upon their cumulative transfer GPA. Transfer students who have a 3.85 GPA or higher will pay tuition at 150% of the resident tuition, which is approximately $13,290 less than the standard non-resident tuition for students
taking 12-18 credit hours per semester, based upon the block tuition model.
The WUE Transfer Award cannot be combined with the UW Transfer Commitment or any institutional scholarship aid, including those made possible by the University
of Wyoming Foundation.
Please note: All University of Wyoming financial awards are only available to eligible admits.
The awards are subject to available funding and the approval of the UW Board of Trustees;
they reserve the right to change said rates at any time.
WHAT ARE THE Minimum Eligibility Requirements?
- Minimum 3.85 cumulative transfer GPA
- No Associate's degree is needed starting fall 23
- Available to first-time, entering non-resident transfer students seeking their first
- GPA is calculated using grades earned in credits taken at previous institutions
- Transfer credits must be a minimum of 12 completed post-high school
* WUE participating states include: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico,
North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and the Commonwealth
of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Apply for admission and submit the non-refundable $40 admission application fee.
- Submit official college transcripts.
- Students selected to receive the WY Transfer Commitment must confirm their enrollment at UW:
- For students beginning in the fall semester by August 1, 11:59 p.m. MDT
- For students beginning in the spring semester by January 5, 11:59 p.m. MDT
The WUE Transfer award is renewable for up to 6 semesters (3 academic years) or completion
of first bachelor's degree, whichever comes first.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative UW GPA (evaluated at the end of each Spring
- Students must maintain full-time continuous enrollment (a minimum of 12 semester hours),
during the fall and spring semesters, with successful completion of a minimum of 24
credit hours each academic year.
- Study abroad students must be in a 4001-level study abroad course, with tuition billed
by the university for their commitment or scholarship to pay.
- Eligibility for the Commitment will be reviewed at the end of every spring semester,
therefore enrollment during summer session(s) following the spring review is not included.
If the scholarship is lost, it cannot be reinstated even if the requirements are met
at a later date.
- Details regarding the requirements to receive and renew the WUE Transfer award are
included in the award Terms & Conditions.
Return to Scholarships Home