The University of Wyoming is dedicated to enhancing professional opportunities for graduate students. Funds are available to support graduate students' travel expenses to attend regional, national, and international conferences. In consideration of the limited funds available and the desire to support as many students as feasible, the University of Wyoming kindly requests that programs capable of fully funding student travel refrain from applying.
- The applicant must be making a presentation at a conference.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in a graduate program at UW at the time of the request and at the time of the presentation/exhibit.
- Awards are limited to $250 or actual expenses, whichever is less, although the full amount is not guaranteed. Receipts will be required for your travel expenses, since, with the exception of mileage, all charges to our account must be actual, receipted travel expenses.
- The applicant's mentor or department must be willing to match the funding provided by the graduate state account.
- Receipts for travel must be submitted to your department secretary/bookkeeper after the trip. They are then sent to Admissions with the appropriate vouchers for payment.
- Vouchers for payment must be forwarded to Admissions within 30 days of completed travel. Failure to submit your travel vouchers within this timeframe will result in loss of funding.
- An applicant may receive only one award for one trip during his or her graduate career.
- Awards are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Awards are made only when complete information is provided to support the request prior to the conference date.
The applicant must submit the funding request application to Academic Affairs.
The applicant must ALSO include the following attachments to the application:
- A copy of the abstract for his/her presentation.
- Evidence from the conference that the abstract has been accepted for presentation.
- A letter of support from the applicant's major professor indicating approval for presentation at the conference (this letter should state the specific amount the department or program is providing toward the applicant's travel).
- Submit only complete packets when requesting travel funds. Incomplete packets will not be acted upon. Requests should be submitted at least one month prior to the conference; however, earlier is better since these funds are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications for travel beginning July 1 or after should not be submitted before June 1. Responses to complete packets are usually sent within two weeks.
- For more information contact Michele Peck.