Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Step 6: Register for Classes

Education Abroad

A list of classes offered for the term can be found on WyoWeb or through on the Office of the Registrar website.  See the Complete Guide to Registration for instructions on how to enroll in classes.

You will not be permitted to register for classes until:

  • You have been admitted to the University of Wyoming
  • You have provided verification that you have received two (2) MMR immunizations

You will be contacted by the Education Abroad Office when you are permitted to register for classes.  You will be given detailed registration instructions at that time.  For students coming in the fall, this is generally near the end of April; for students coming in the spring, it is generally early December.

To register for classes, you must:

  • Create your account on WyoWeb
  • Have your student identification ('W') number (this will be provided to you by the Education Abroad Office)
  • Have your PERC number [for undergraduate students] (this will be provided to you by the Education Abroad Office)
  • Follow registration instructions on the Complete Guide to Registration.

Please be aware that:

  • The University Catalog lists all courses offered at UW, but not all courses are offered each semester.  Refer to the class schedule for the most up-to-date list of classes for a specific semester.
  • Classes may be closed or require special permission to enroll
  • The class listings on WyoWeb are accurate for that term
  • Classes listed at the 1000-4000 level are for undergraduate students; classes listed at the 5000-level are for graduate students only.  Proof of completion of a Bachelor's Degree must be provided before permission to enroll in graduate-level classes will be given.
  • Classes with section numbers of 40, 60, 80 (COJO 1010-40, for example) are offered through our Outreach School.  These classes have an additional charge of $1500-2200 per class that is NOT included in exchange contracts.  If you are an exchange student and enroll in one of these classes, you will be responsible to pay the additional cost for the class.  Section 40 classes are taught online only.
  • Section 50 classes are taught on a different campus in another city.  It is not possible for exchange/study abroad students to take classes on that campus.
  • Students enrolled in music or dance lessons will be charged an additional fee ($179-$323) that is not included in the exchange contract.  If you are an exchange student and enroll in a music or dance lesson, you will be responsible to pay the additional cost for the lesson.
  • When registering for classes, if you receive an error such as:
    • “Prerequisite and test score error”
    • “Please contact the department of the course”
    • “Class Restriction”
    • “Level Restriction”
    • “Student Attribute Restriction”

you will need to contact the professor OR department for that class (unless it is a college of business class) for permission to enroll.  You should introduce yourself as an exchange or study abroad student and briefly describe your qualifications for the class.  Include a copy of your transcript, if possible. You can find email addresses for professors on the online directory at  You can find department listings at  

  • When writing to departments or the Study Abroad Office about specific classes, please be sure to include the course prefix (such as MGT, MKT, COJO, ENGL, AMST) along with the course number.  Numbers such as 2400 or 4000 are not unique to specific classes.  For identification purposes, we must have the course prefix and number, such as MGT 3500.

Enrollment in College of Business Classes:

Students wishing to enroll in classes within the College of Business are required to submit a registration request at  In the College field, enter ‘Business – Exchange.’ 

  • You will NOT be notified when permission is received.  2-3 days after you submit your request, log on to WyoWeb and go to your Registration Status screen (Registration > Registration Status).  That is where you will see whether enrollment permission has been granted.  You will then need to enroll in the class or classes.  This is only required for Business classes.
  • Many College of Business classes have mandatory prerequisites.
  • International exchange students wishing to take Accounting, Economics or Finance courses must contact the departments for approval.  Students must include a copy of readable transcripts (in English) so that they can be evaluated. 
    • For Accounting and Finance emails may be sent to Dr. Nicole Choi, In the email, please ask that department approval or denial be copied to the Green Johnson Student Success Center,

    • For Economics, emails may be sent to William Campbell, In the email, please ask that department approval or denial be copied to the Green Johnson Student Success Center,

  • International Exchange and Study Abroad students should not take MGT 4340, MGT 4350, or MGT 4360 unless they have taken and successfully completed MGT 1040 (Legal Environment of Business) from a college or university within the United States.  For permission to enroll, contact Dr. Robert Sprague, and provide a readable transcript, in English.
  • Classes within the Master of Business Administration program (MBAM, MBAX) are not available to exchange and study abroad students.



1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon