Pink flowers outside the classroom building

Request Non-Degree Student Information

Take Courses from UW

Not everyone is ready or wants to get a specific degree at the University of Wyoming. If this is you, non-degree admissions status might be for you.

The non-degree admissions status is a special status that is not available to international students or students who have a suspension status at UW or any other college or university. Non-degree admissions status is offered to undergraduate and graduate students.

Getting started at a University can be confusing, but we’re here to help. Find out more about the University of Wyoming and how we can help you reach your goals by filling out the form below.

Non-degree students CANNOT receive financial aid or UW scholarships.

Get started on your journey today — fill out the form!

UW Highlights




Distance Support & Resources

When you take online coursework, you're a valued member of our campus community — even from afar.


student icon

Small Class Sizes

Our student-to-faculty ratio allows our students personalized instruction and support throughout their time at UW. 


Outdoor program web page

Outdoor Recreation

We're only minutes away from endless outdoor recreation and access to arts and culture. Check out UW's student outdoor program!



Explore OUr PROgrams


Choose from Hundreds of Courses

UW offers Hundreds of courses for non-degree seeking students where you'll meet faculty members who have won Nobel Peace Prizes and are world-renowned in higher education. We also have some of the nation's most advanced facilities, including our brand new Engineering, Education and Research Building (EERB) that offers research opportunities and one of the most well-equipped makerspaces in the country. These resources offer hands-on learning, and most are open to all students — no matter their program or degree level.


Find a Major


We're Eager to Help


Contact Us

UW Office of Admissions

Knight Hall 150
1000 E. University Avenue, Department 3435
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-5160
Toll-Free: (800) 342-5996