Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

International Students Are Welcome to Apply!

College of Law

Brazilian student, Sam Barbosa, from the University of Wyoming College of Law

International Applications

In the United States, law programs awarding the Juris Doctor degree are graduate programs, requiring an undergraduate college degree as a condition of admission. All applicants must at a minimum have completed a four-year college bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree requiring four years of college study.

When you apply for admission as an international student, your application will be evaluated using the same criteria as for U.S. applicants, including undergraduate GPA, LSAT score, quality, and content of the personal essay, as well as other criteria relevant to success in the study and practice of law. In addition to meeting the regular new applicant requirements, international students must also meet the following requirements.

Additional Requirements

College Transcripts: If the LSDAS report does not provide a transcript analysis, you must provide official transcripts with an English translation from the educational institutions from which you earned your undergraduate and/or graduate degrees.

TOEFL Report - If you received your undergraduate degree from an institution in which English was not the instructional language, you must submit an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report showing a minimum score of 600 on the TOEFL paper-based test or 100 on the TOEFL internet-based test.

Statement of Financial Support - An original, current financial statement from the applicant’s bank/sponsor must certify that funding will be available to cover estimated expenses during your first year at the University of Wyoming College of Law, including additional funds to cover expenses for a spouse and/or children, if applicable.

Visas - Admitted applicants must satisfy certain visa requirements before enrolling. Foreign nationals (except Canadians) need a passport issued by your government and a visa issued by a U.S. embassy or consulate to enter the United States. To obtain an F-1 (student visa), you must first obtain Form I-20AB, which the University of Wyoming will issue upon acceptance for admission. Canadian students must have an I-20AB form and a copy of your financial statement for inspection at the U.S. port of entry. For more information, please visit this website.

International applicants are strongly encouraged to review the information provided by the University of Wyoming International Students and Scholars Office.



  • International students are not eligible for scholarships.


  • Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
  • Seat deposits: Accepted applicants who wish to reserve a seat in the entering class must make a non-refundable seat deposit of $500. The seat deposit can be paid in two installments of $250 or paid in full with one payment of $500. The deadlines for these seat deposits are stated in the acceptance letter. The total seat deposit of $500 will be credited toward total university tuition and fees at the time of registration. Accepted applicants who do not pay the deposit by the deadline have declined the offer of admission.

To pay your seat deposits, please visit this webpage.

  • Application Status Checker: You can access your application status through Online Status Checker.  Use the username and password that was sent to you via email by the UW College of Law Admissions Office.  Contact us (307-766-6416 or if you misplace this email.


Contact Us

College of Law

1000 E. University Ave., Dept. 3035

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: 307-766-6416

Fax: 307-766-6417


Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window) Find us on Twitter (Link opens a new window) Find us on Instagram (Link opens a new window)

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon