- Apply to UW
- Programs & Majors
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Current Students
- UW Life
- About UW
.for UW Fay W. Whitney School of Nursing Students
The following scholarships are for those students who have already been admitted to the Fay W. Whitney School of Nursing. To apply for these scholarships, please go to the "Scholarships Awarded in WyoScholarships" section of the UW Student Financial Aid website (www.uwyo.edu/sfa/scholarships). You will find some of the scholarships listed below in the WyoScholarships link on their page.
There are some nursing scholarships that require you to submit an essay. The remaining scholarships are based on merit, specific student populations or financial need, and you will automatically be considered if you meet the criteria. We encourage you to take some time to review all scholarship opportunities and apply to those scholarships for which you are eligible.
Nursing Alumni Scholarship
Rudolph "Rudy" & Louise Anselmi & Jeri Kirk Family Trust for Nursing Scholarship
Babson & Associates Primary Care Nursing Scholarship
Gardie and Barbara Shannon Banister Scholarship for Doctor of Nurse Practice Students
Blue Cross Blue Shield of WY Caring Foundation - Meeting the Needs of Wyoming Through Nursing Scholarship
Kathleen Buckingham Bohmont Nursing Scholarship
Polly Chase Scholarship
Marcia L. and William G. Dale Nursing Scholarship
Rosalie Fields Nursing Scholarship
Frances E. Gasdek-Eaglehouse & Barry D. Gasdek Scholarship
Frank & Dorothy M. Gruden Scholarship in Nursing
Elizabeth Holland Scholarship in Nursing
Mildred Agnes Kimball and Adele Colling Nursing Scholarship
The Larsen Family Scholarship
John V. Leino Memorial Nursing Scholarship
Gertrude Gould Lindsay Scholarship
John and Lois Malmquist Nursing Scholarship
Carolyn Bennett Miknis '59 Nursing Scholarship
Carolyn Bennett Miknis 1959 ReNEW and BRAND Nursing Scholarship
Jeanne Mogard Emerson Scholarship in Nursing
Gordon S. and Charlott Myers Scholarship for Nursing Students
Bonnie M. and George E. Nugent Nursing Scholarship
Pearl Crossley O'Kieffe Memorial Scholarship
Jana Leigh Pruitt Memorial Scholarship
Charles and Ruth Rile Scholarship for Nursing Students
Paul Stock CHS Scholarship
Dorothy Tupper Nursing Scholarship
Clay Unger Endowed Nursing Scholarship
Wiest Nursing Scholarship
.that are not accessed through the UW Student Financial Aid Scholarship system:
Hurst Review-AACN Nursing Scholarship
- $2,500 one-time scholarship awarded prior to Spring, Fall, and Summer semesters
- All scholarship applicants: (1) Maintain at least 3.2 GPA in current program or at last school attended. (2) Be admitted or enrolled in an entry-level baccalaureate or higher degree nursing program at an AACN member institution (UW FWW School of Nursing meets that criteria).
- Complete online application, requires 250-word essay on goals and career aspirations in nursing
- Scholarship winners announced within 30 days of each submission deadline (Aug 1, Jan 1, May 1)
- Awarded for one semester only
- Application: (https://www.aacnnursing.org/Foundation-for-Academic-Nursing/Scholarships/Hurst-Review-AACN-Nursing-Scholarship-Application)
- Based on the generosity of Susan McMurry, scholarships may be available for students enrolled in the BRAND program. Email BRAND@uwyo.edu for more information.
(Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education and Western Regional Graduate Program)
Go to http://wiche.edu/wrgp; review the page; make sure you check out the "Frequently answered questions about WRGP" link mid-page.
Application available from the Wyoming Community Foundation (http://www.wycf.org).
The application is lengthy, needs a current transcript attached. The WCF awards six scholarships at $5,000 each. If you received this scholarship as a junior, you need to reapply, since it does not automatically carry into the senior year.
Eligibility Criteria for Mabel C. Sargent Scholarship:
- Junior and senior nursing students of the University of Wyoming enrolled in a program leading to a B.S.N. degree.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.