Office of the Registrar

Online Forms and Petitions

Please note that submission of an electronic petition does not guarantee expedited service and completion.  Petitions take a minimum of 5 business days to complete with many taking longer to compile approvals and signatures.   You are responsible for tracking your petition and/or cancelling it if necessary. Once a petition is in progress, it can be cancelled only by calling the Office of the Registrar at 766-5272.

Not all forms and petitions are available in the online format; paper versions are available below.

Check the status of a submitted petition [Secure]


Refunds are based on the completion date of the withdrawal, not the petition submission date

Authorization of Incomplete [Secure]

Change of Major (minor,  certificate, concentration, etc,) Form [Secure]            

Credit by Exam [Secure

Enrollment Authorization [Secure]* **

*May not be used if the course has a wait list. If the course has a wait list, please contact the department.

**This form may NOT be used for MATH courses or any College of Business or College of Engineering and Applied Sciences courses. Please contact the Math department, the College of Business Academic Advising office, or the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences Dean's office.**

Final Examination Conflict [Secure]

Overload Petition [Secure]

Petition for Academic Reinstatement (For students who have sat out a minimum of four months)

Petition for IMMEDIATE Academic Reinstatement (For students who were recently suspended)

Request for Extension of Incomplete [Secure]

Request to Move Catalog Year Forward [Secure]

Time Conflict [Secure]

University Studies Petition [Secure]


Student Forms and Petitions (Paper)


Academic Renewal (pdf)

Anticipated Graduation Date - Log into WyoRecords to declare your Graduation Date

Effective October 2019, the Graduation Fee will be charged onto a student's account during the semester they anticipate graduating, a few days after they have declared a graduation date through their WyoRecords account.

Authorization for Incomplete



Enrollment Authorization Form (.doc), (.docx)

Enrollment Verification Request (pdf)

Exception Request Instructions (pdf)

Exception Request ***If you are not in Laramie/on main campus, please use the electronic Exception Request***


Name Change Request (pdf)

One-time Authorization for Release of Educational Record (pdf)

Overload Petition (.doc), (.docx) 


Request for Privacy (pdf)

Request to Reserve Coursework for Graduate Credit (pdf)


Time Conflict Registration Approval (.doc), (.docx)

Transcript Request (pdf) Students attending prior to 1987 must use this form

Transcript Request - Online (via WyoRecords)

Transfer Evaluation (pdf)

Transfer Evaluation for College of Engineering and Applied Science (.pdf)


Office of the Registrar

167 Knight Hall
Department 3964
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-5272

Fax: (307) 766-3960


Lane Buchanan, Sr. Associate Registrar
Robert Ratterree, Associate Registrar


Find us on Instagram (Link opens a new window)Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window)Find us on Twitter (Link opens a new window)Find us on LinkedIn (Link opens a new window)Find us on YouTube (Link opens a new window)