- Apply to UW
- Programs & Majors
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Current Students
- UW Life
- About UW
1. Enter www.citiprogram.org into your web browser.
2. Select “Register Here” next to “New Users.”
3. Select University of Wyoming from the drop down list under “Participating Institutions.”
4. Select your username and password.
5. Enter your name.
6. Enter your e-mail.
7. Select “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
8. Fill in the applicable information requested by the University of Wyoming.
9. Select “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
Item #10 for Human Subjects Only!
10. Select the appropriate learner group:
a. Faculty or staff must complete either the “Biomedical Research Investigators” learner group or the “Social & Behavioral Researcher Investigators” learner group.
b. Students must complete the “Student conducting no more than minimal risk research” learner group.
c. If student research involves more than minimal risk, the student must complete either the “Biomedical Research Investigators” learner group or the “Social & Behavioral Researcher Investigators” learner group.
d. Even though not required, we recommend that students complete either the “Biomedical Research Investigators” learner group or the “Social & Behavioral Research Investigators” learner group even if research is no more than minimal risk.
Items #11-14 for Animal Care Only!
11. Select the appropriate learner group: for animal research training, skip down to question five.
a. All animal care workers including faculty, staff, or students must complete the “Working with the IACUC course.”
b. Please note: only IACUC members should complete the “Essentials for IACUC members” course. These two courses are not interchangeable.
c. Please also check any species specific boxes, i.e. check the “I work with Rats, genus Rattus” if you are going to be working with rats. Please check all listed animal species that apply.
d. If your project will involve survival surgery, also check the “Aseptic Surgery” box.
e. Select “Continue”
f. Note: in the Main Menu, the “Working with the IACUC course” will be named “Investigators, Staff and Students, Lab Animal Research”
12. Upon completing the basic course, please complete any of the species specific courses related to the research. Note: when new species are requested, all animal care personnel must complete any relevant CITI modules for the new species, even if the basic course has been completed previously.
13. All those performing survival animal surgery must also complete the Aseptic Surgery course.
14. If you have already completed the CITI training for Lab Animal Researchers and you are only renewing the training due to expiration, the course you will want to take is the “Working with Animals in Biomedical Research- Refresher Course”
a. To add this course, select “Add a course or change your learner group”
b. Under question five, select “Working with Animals in Biomedical Research- Refresher Course.
c. Please note: This course will only be accepted if the full basic course has already been taken and passed. Proof of taking the full course will be required before the refresher course will be accepted.
Item #15 for Biosafety and Biosecurity (BSS) Only!
15. Select the appropriate learner group: for biosafety and biosecurity training, skip down to question nine.
a. All new faculty, staff, and students named on an approved Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) protocol must complete the “Biosafety Complete Training Series (ID: 62074)” through CITI program.
b. If the researcher has already taken the above training and has now expired (three (3) years after completion) they must take the “Biosafety Retraining Course (ID: 62064)” through the CITI program.
i. If renewing researcher is working with recombinant DNA they will need to retake “NIH Recombinant DNA (rDNA) Guidelines (ID: 62071)” through the CITI program.ii. If renewing researcher is working with animals, they will need to retake "Animal Biosafety (ID: 62065)" through the CITI program.c. The University of Wyoming Biological Safety Specialist may require additional modules under this section if applicable to your specific research.