Welcome the Recognized Student Organizations (RSO) homepage! Here you'll
find information about what it takes to be an RSO and the
advantages/access UW students get with forming an RSO. So feel free to
take a few minutes and browse around. If you have any questions about
RSOs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why you should get involved with an RSO? Here's several reasons:
- Meet and make new friends.
- Pursue special interests or hobbies.
- Develop your leadership and communication skills.
- Express support for and contribute to a cause or purpose you strongly believe in.
- Gain opportunities for professional development.
- Interact with faculty, staff, students, and the community.
- Participate in local, regional, and national student and professional activities.
- Develop a closer alliance with the University.
What are the benefits of Recognized Student Organization (RSO) Status?RSOs get many great free services. For example:
Free use of space in the Wyoming Union
Free Branding Iron ads
Use of the poster run and the digital signage in the Union
Poster making supplies ... butcher paper, extra large markers, letter cutouts and more!
Ability to request funding from ASUW for programs, events, and conference registration fees
Advertising on the campus calendar
Free leadership and club development consultation
CAC RSO Services Offered:
- Professional Staff Advising
- Mondays: 2pm - 4pm
- Tuesdays: 3pm - 5pm
- Wednesdays: 1pm - 2pm
- Thursdays: 9:30am - 11:30am and 4pm - 5pm
- Tailored Workshops for your organizations
- Please visit during office hours with requests
- Event Planning Sessions
- The CAC, in conjunction with ASUW, ASTEC, Risk Management, Central Scheduling and the Union Events office hold RSO Event Planning Sessions throughout the semester to assist RSO's in planning out large, complex events. If your RSO is planning on requesting ASUW funding for programming events in the spring semester it is a requirement that one representative of the RSO attend an Event Planning Session. If your RSO attended an Event Planning Session in the fall, then you do not need to attend in the spring.
- Spring 2014 Event Planning Sessions:
Thursday, 2/6 - 12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Monday, 2/10 - 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday, 3/6 - 12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Monday, 3/10 - 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday, 4/7 - 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
All Event Planning Sessions will be held in the Union Senate Chambers.
- Poster Run
- The poster run is a weekly service that the CAC provides for recognized student organizations. Flyers or posters are distributed to locations around campus by CAC workers. Visit the RSO publicity page to find out about important requirements for distribution. If you have any questions, please call (307) 766-6340 or stop by the CAC - Room 012 in the lower level of the Wyoming Union.
- Fun Facts
- There are over 250 active organizations on campus
- They have completed over 330 service hours this year
- RSOs are on pace for 330 approved events for this year