Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Nominations Accepted for Year-End UW Faculty Awards

February 1, 2021

The University of Wyoming’s Academic Affairs office and the Faculty Senate’s Faculty Recognition and Development Committee are now accepting nominations for the year-end faculty awards. The deadline is Friday, Feb. 19.

Nominations are for the yearly John P. Ellbogen Meritorious Classroom Teaching Award; George Duke Humphrey Distinguished Faculty Award; Hollon Family Award for Teaching Excellence in Off-Campus Programs; and the John P. Ellbogen Lifetime Teaching Award. Each of the awards carries a stipend.

Nominations, including all letters and supporting materials, can be sent electronically to Mandy Gifford in the Academic Affairs office at Nomination packets also can be sent to: Faculty Recognition and Development Committee, c/o Office of Academic Affairs, Old Main, Room 318, UW Campus.

To view a description of each award and a list of nominating materials that need to be included, click here.

The Faculty Recognition and Development Committee will review nominations and select awardees.

The committee also will consider the nominees for the CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) U.S. Professors of the Year Award, given by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The national award, given in each state, emphasizes excellence and innovation in undergraduate instruction.

For more information, call the UW Academic Affairs office at 766-4286.

Contact Us

Institutional Communications

Bureau of Mines Building, Room 137


Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-2929


Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window) Find us on Twitter (Link opens a new window)

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon