Sidebar Site Navigation
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-5160
Toll Free: (800) 342-5996
Fax: (307) 766-4042
The Rocky Mountain Scholars Award provides one of five amounts annually for non-resident freshmen based on their cumulative high school GPA (4.0 unweighted scale) and composite ACT/SAT score (see grid). To ensure Rocky Mountain Scholars Award consideration, you must submit all of your admission application materials, be admitted to UW, and confirmed your enrollment by May 1. Applications received after May 1 will only be considered if funds remain available.
The Rocky Mountain Scholars Awards are available to home school students who have an ACT composite of 25 or greater as follows:
|ACT Score||Annual Amount|
To be considered for the Rocky Mountain Scholars Award, students must be admitted to UW and confirmed by May 1:
- Apply for admission and submit the non-refundable $40 admission application fee
- Submit official high school transcripts
- Submit official ACT/SAT test scores
- Be admitted to UW and confirmed by May 1
Students are provisionally awarded the Rocky Mountain Scholars Award by the UW Admissions Office shortly after being admitted. Final awards are made upon receipt of all final academic records. A student's scholarship award may go up or down based on final cumulative GPA and test scores.
Initial Eligibility and Scholarship Compliance
- The Rocky Mountain Scholars Award is only available to first-time, entering non-resident freshmen seeking their first bachelor's degree.
- This scholarship is renewable for up to 8 semesters (4 academic years) or up to the first bachelor's degree whichever comes first.
- Students must maintain full-time continuous enrollment in Laramie campus courses (12 semester hours - online courses are not considered part of the 12 credit hour requirement) during the Fall and Spring semesters each year but is not available to use during the Summer semester.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA (evaluated at the end of each Spring semester).
All scholarships are subject to available funding.