The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
The University of Wyoming will recognize non-resident graduating seniors as recipients of the highly competitive Western Undergraduate Exchange award. Recipients are evaluated on their academic excellence (high school GPA and test scores) and will pay tuition at 150 percent of the resident tuition, which is approximately $8,900 less than the standard non-resident tuition for students taking 15 credit hours per semester.
In November 2014, the UW Board of Trustees approved the new amounts displayed in the grid below for the upcoming fall 2015 class.
For WUE Scholarship consideration, students must be residents of a WUE participating state* and have a completed admissions application (application, non-refundable $40 application fee, official transcripts, and ACT/SAT scores).
The WUE program cannot be combined with the Rocky Mountain Scholars Award.
* WUE participating states include:
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
To be considered for the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), the UW Admissions Office must have the following:
- Application for admission and the non-refundable $40 admission application fee
- Official high school transcripts and test scores (see grid)
Students selected to receive the WUE Scholarship must confirm their enrollment at UW by May 1.
Initial Eligibility and Scholarship Compliance
- The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is only available to first-time, entering non-resident freshmen seeking their first bachelor's degree.
- This scholarship is renewable for up to 8 semesters (4 academic years) or up to the first bachelor's degree whichever comes first.
- Students must maintain full-time continuous enrollment (12 semester hours) during the Fall and Spring semesters each year but is not available to use during the Summer semester.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA (evaluated at the end of each Spring semester).
All UW scholarships are subject to available funding.