The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) scholarships have been awarded for Fall 2014.
The University of Wyoming will recognize a limited number of non-resident graduating seniors as recipients of the highly competitive Western Undergraduate Exchange award. Recipients are evaluated on their academic excellence (high school GPA, test scores, and curriculum rigor) and will pay tuition at 150 percent of the resident tuition rate.
For WUE Scholarship consideration, students must be residents of a WUE participating state* and have a completed admissions application (application, non-refundable $40 application fee, official transcripts, and ACT/SAT scores) which must be received by the UW Admissions Office on or before December 1.
Awardees will be notified on or around February 1. WUE award value fluctuates yearly based on UW tuition rates and recipient enrolled credit hours. The WUE program cannot be combined with the Rocky Mountain Scholars Award.
* WUE participating states include:
To be considered for the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), the UW Admissions Office must have the following on or before December 1:
- Application for admission and the non-refundable $40 admission application fee
- Official high school transcripts
- Official ACT/SAT test scores
Students selected to receive the WUE Scholarship must confirm their enrollment at UW by May 1.
Initial Eligibility and Scholarship Compliance
- The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is only available to first-time, entering non-resident freshmen seeking their first bachelor's degree.
- This scholarship is renewable for up to 8 semesters (4 academic years) or up to the first bachelor's degree whichever comes first.
- Students must maintain full-time continuous enrollment (12 semester hours - online courses are not considered part of the 12 credit hour requirement) during the Fall and Spring semesters each year but is not available to use during the Summer semester.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA (evaluated at the end of each Spring semester).
Due to the competitive nature of this award, it is only awarded to new freshmen beginning at UW in the Fall semester and cannot be deferred.
All UW scholarships are subject to available funding.