Sidebar Site Navigation
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-5160
Toll Free: (800) 342-5996
Fax: (307) 766-4042
The University of Wyoming will recognize a limited number of Wyoming’s top resident graduating seniors for their academic achievement as recipients of the highly competitive Trustees’ Scholars Award. Recipients are evaluated on their academic excellence (high school GPA, test scores, and curriculum rigor). The Trustees’ Scholars award, when combined with the Hathaway Honors award, provides the equivalent cost of tuition and mandatory fees (18 credit hours per semester, excluding summer sessions), double occupancy room, and an unlimited access dining plan.
Consideration for the Trustees’ Award is given to those who have submitted a complete admissions application (application, non-refundable $40 application fee, official transcripts, and ACT/SAT test scores) which must be received by the UW Admissions Office on or before December 1. Awardees will be notified on or around February 1.
To be considered for the Trustees' Scholars Award, the UW Admissions Office must have the following on or before December 1:
- Application for admission and the non-refundable $40 admission application fee
- Official high school transcripts
- Official ACT/SAT test scores
Students selected to receive the Trustees' Scholars Award must confirm their enrollment at UW by May 1.
Initial Eligibility and Scholarship Compliance
- The Trustees' Scholars Award is only available to first-time, entering resident freshmen seeking their first bachelor's degree.
- This scholarship is renewable for up to 8 semesters (4 academic years) or up to the first bachelor's degree whichever comes first.
- Students must maintain full-time continuous enrollment (12 semester hours) during the Fall and Spring semesters each year but is not available for use during the Summer semester.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA (evaluated at the end of each Spring semester).
Due to the competitive nature of this award, it is only awarded to new freshmen beginning at UW in the Fall semester and cannot be deferred.
Scholarship commitments will be fulfilled by any funds awarded through the Hathaway Scholarship program (merit and need). No student shall be awarded scholarships that exceed the student's total cost of attendance. Wyoming Scholars Award offers will be void for those students selected to receive the Trustees' Scholars Award. Because of the value of this scholarship, other UW scholarships awarded to the student may be void. Consult the Student Financial Aid Office at (307) 766-2116 should you be lucky enough to have this problem!
Scholarships are subject to available funding.