Wyoming Scholars Award
The University of Wyoming is proud to offer the Wyoming Scholars Award to eligible residents of Wyoming. This amount is in addition to any Hathaway Honors Scholarship award received.
|Cumulative GPA (4.0 scale)||ACT Composite Score||Annual Amount|
|High School Graduates||3.50||25||$1,000|
|Home School Graduates||N/A||27||$1,000|
To be considered for the Wyoming Scholars Award, students must:
- Apply for admission and submit the non-refundable $40 admission application fee
- Submit official high school transcripts
- Submit official ACT/SAT test scores
- Be admitted and confirm enrollment by May 1, 11:59 pm MDT
Students are provisionally awarded the Wyoming Scholars Award by the UW Admissions Office shortly after being admitted. Final awards are made upon receipt of all final academic records. To ensure Wyoming Scholars Award consideration, please submit all of your admission application materials, be admitted, and confirm enrollment by May 1, 11:59 pm MDT.
Initial Eligibility and Scholarship Compliance
- The Wyoming Scholars Award is only available to first-time, entering resident freshmen seeking their first bachelor's degree.
- This scholarship is renewable for up to 8 semesters (4 academic years) or up to the first bachelor's degree whichever comes first.
- Students must maintain full-time continuous enrollment (12 semester hours) during the Fall and Spring semesters each year but is not available for use during the Summer semester.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA (evaluated at the end of each Spring semester).
All UW scholarships are subject to available funding, and are only available for eligible admits who begin in the fall semester.