The University of Wyoming is proud to offer the Wyoming Scholars Award to eligible residents of Wyoming.
||Cumulative GPA (4.0 scale)
||ACT Composite Score
|High School Graduates
|Home School Graduates
To be considered for the Wyoming Scholars Award, students must:
- Apply for admission and submit the $40 admission application fee
- Submit official high school transcripts
- Submit official ACT/SAT test scores
- Be admitted to UW
- Confirm enrollment by May 1
Students are provisionally awarded the Wyoming Scholars Award by the UW Admissions Office shortly after being admitted. Final awards are made upon receipt of all final academic records. To ensure Wyoming Scholars Award consideration, please submit all of your admission application materials, be admitted, and confirm enrollment by May 1.
Initial Eligibility and Scholarship Compliance
The Wyoming Scholars is awarded in addition to a student's eligible Hathaway merit scholarship.
- The Wyoming Scholars Award is only available to first-time, entering resident freshmen
seeking their first bachelor's degree.
- This scholarship is renewable for up to 8
semesters (4 academic years) or up to the first bachelor's degree whichever comes
- Students must maintain full-time continuous enrollment (12
semester hours) during the Fall and Spring semesters each year but is not available for use during the Summer semester.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA (evaluated at the end of each Spring
Scholarships are subject to available funding.