Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Veteran Student Course Credit

Credit for Military Service Courses and Related Links

Students who have served in the Armed Forces may be allowed transfer credit for courses taken in some military schools. Students who desire to apply for credit on the basis of their military schooling should submit a copy of their DD 214 form or AARTS/SMART transcript (or its equivalent) to the UW Admissions Office. The degree analysts in the Office of the Registrar determine whether the course work is transferable to UW. Evaluations for the granting of credit for military-based training is based on recommendations in the American Council of Education (ACE) guidelines. Individual colleges will determine whether such course work is applicable to their degree programs.

The university will accept college level correspondence credit taken through the United States Armed Forces Institute in accordance with the same regulations that govern students taking correspondence work through the Office of the Registrar.


Commonly Used Military Education Links:

*NOTE: If accessing any of the above links from the University of Wyoming campus, it is possible that the UW firewall may prevent the page from displaying properly. If you experience any difficulties, we recommend accessing these links off campus.

Contact Us

Admissions | Knight Hall 150

Department 3435

1000 East University Avenue

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-5160

Toll Free: (800) 342-5996

Fax: (307) 766-4042


Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window) Find us on Twitter (Link opens a new window) Find us on YouTube (Link opens a new window)

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon