Civil and Architectural Engineering
College of Engineering and Applied Science
- B.S., Department of Thermal Engineering, Tsinghua University, 1998
- M.S. with honor, Department of Building Science, Tsinghua University, 2001
- Ph.D., Building Technology, Department of Architecture, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2005
- Associate Professor, University of Wyoming, 2016 – present
- Assistant Professor, University of Wyoming, 2009 – 2016
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2005
- Senior Engineer, KEMA Services Inc., Burlington, MA, 2007 - 2009
- Project Engineer, Nexant Inc., White Plains, NY, 2005 - 2007
- Energy efficiency in buildings
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and its application in buildings
- Green building materials
- Building indoor environment quality
- CO2 acquisition and mineralization
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Ryan Meyer, Gang Tan*, "Use of proper orthogonal decomposition and linear stochastic estimation technique to investigate real-time detailed airflows for building ventilation", Indoor and Built Environment, April 2016, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 378 - 389.
- Gang Tan, Dongliang Zhao, "Study of a thermoelectric space cooling system integrated with phase change material", Applied Thermal Engineering (2015), Vol. 86, pp 187-198.
- Dongliang Zhao, Gang Tan*, "Numerical analysis of a shell-and-tube latent heat storage unit with fins for air-conditioning application", Applied Energy (2015), Vol. 138, pp 381-392.
- Ryan Meyer, Gang Tan*, "Experimental investigation to assumptions used for quantifying airflows through a window under cross natural ventilation", International Journal of Ventilation (2014), Vol. 13(3), pp 259-271.
- Ryan Meyer, Gang Tan*, "An overview of analysis techniques for natural ventilation to investigate dynamic wind effects", International Journal of Ventilation (2014), Vol. 13 (1), pp 65-76.
- Dongliang Zhao, Gang Tan*, "A review of thermoelectric cooling: materials, modeling and applications", Applied Thermal Engineering (2014), 66 (1-2), pp. 1359-4311.
- Dongliang Zhao, Gang Tan*, "Experimental evaluation of a prototype thermoelectric system integrated with PCM (phase change material) for space cooling", Energy 68(2014), pp. 658-666.
- Ryan Meyer, and Gang Tan*, "Provide detailed and real-time indoor environmental information using POD-LSE and limited measurements", Energy and Buildings (2014), 73, pp 59-68.
- Gang Tan*, "Natural ventilation performance of single room building with fluctuating wind speed and thermal mass", Journal of Central South University of Technology (2012), Vol. 19 (3), pp 733 - 739.
- Christine Walker, Gang Tan*, Leon Glicksman, "Reduced-scale building model and numerical investigations to buoyancy-driven natural ventilation", Energy and Buildings (2011), Vol. 43, pp 2404 - 2413.
- Gang Tan* and Leon R. Glicksman, "Application of integrating the multi-zone model with CFD simulation to natural ventilation prediction", Energy and Buildings (2005), Vol. 37(10), pp 1049-1057.