New media. New thinking. New life.
All declared Communication & Journalism majors with a minimum GPA of 2.5 are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship awards will be determined by consideration of need, grades, extracurricular and/or internship activities, quality of the essay and the specifications of each scholarship. To apply, go to https://uwyo.academicworks.com/.
Scholarships will be awarded at the department reception in April. A specific date will be announced later. Recipients should plan to attend the reception to receive their scholarship.
- Arthur Buck Journalism Scholarship
- Bernard Horton Family Memorial Scholarship in Journalism
- Bonner Family Scholarship
- Burger Scholarship
- Clare Kazmerchak Sikora Scholarship
- Elizabeth Thorpe Griffith Memorial Scholarship
- Frank Norris Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Hanway Scholarship
- James M. Swan Journalism Scholarship Fund
- McCraken Family Scholarship Fund
- Pence Scholarship
- Red Fenwick Memorial Journalism Scholarship
- Roy Peck Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Wallace R. Biggs Journalism Scholarship
- Carl & Dorothy Rott Scholarship- Non-traditional Journalism and Communication Students
- Dreinhofer Award Outstanding Achievement in Student Publications
- Johnston Public Relations Fund Conference travel for PR students
- Larsh Bristol Memorial Photojournalism Project
- Roberts Combs Warner Top Drawer Award in News Photography and Photojournalism
- Ron Strube Memorial Fund Debate
- William C. Donaghy Graduate Student Fund
Awards will be disbursed over two semesters in the school year unless specifically designated fall, spring or summer awards.
Scholarships are available to students participating in debate. Contact Travis Cram, Director of Forensics.