Global Resource Navigation
College of Engineering and Applied Science
About Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering provides a rigorous program that allows our students to compete with students at top-level institutions. Students from our program have gone on as graduate students to attend Stanford, Purdue and Cal-Berkeley. Our students have careers that cross many boundaries. Not only do they have opportunities in diverse applications of electrical and computer engineering, such as computer design, gaming, internet, space vehicles, robotics and biomedicine, but many have become doctors, lawyers and business executives. With a degree in electrical and computer engineering at UW, you will receive the training needed to succeed in your chosen area.
Click here to download our brochure to find out more!
Why Electrical and Computer Engineering?
- Choose from three concentrations, including electrical engineering, computer engineering or bioengineering.
- Forbes ranked biomedical engineering the most valuable college major. There is a projected 62 percent growth rate for the time period of 2010-2020 in this field.
- The January 2014 Salary Survey reports computer engineering as No. 2 in average starting salaries.
- Nearly 100 percent of our graduates have job placements or have been accepted to graduate school.
- The department has well-equipped laboratories, offers free access to computer systems running software needed for studies, maintains small class sizes and provides a friendly, supportive environment for students.
Electrical and Computer Engineering
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071