Faculty Senate Speaker Series
Fall 2014 Award Recipient
Dr. Kenneth W. W. Sims, Professor
Department of Geology & Geophysics, College of Arts & Sciences
"Volcanoes on the Verge"
November 10, 2014
Berry Center Auditorium, Room 138
Spring 2015 Award Recipient
Dr. Stephanie Anderson, Associate Professor
Department of Political Science, College of Arts & Sciences
Associate Director, Center for Global Studies
"They love us; they love us not?: How America's image abroad shapes transatlantic security relations."
Date/location to be announced
Call for Nominations for 2015-16
The Faculty Senate Speaker Series is an award established by the Faculty Senate to be awarded to a fall and a spring semester recipient of each academic year. Nominations are open to all faculty and academic professionals. The award carries an honorarium of $1000 and requires two lectures, one on the UW campus and one at the UW-Casper campus. Travel expenses to Casper are provided.
The following should be included in the nomination packet (to be sent electronically):
- Nomination letter (self, peer, chair, or dean), stressing ability to address a general audience and topic of broad general interest
- At least one supporting letter from a peer
- At least one supporting letter from a student
- Self statement describing the topic (an abstract of about 100 words)
- Nominee's current CV
Faculty Speakers will be chosen on the basis of:
- An exemplary research record;
- A record of successfully engaging the three elements of the University's mission: teaching, research and/or creative activity, and service;
- A demonstrated ability to address a general audience in a stimulating and coherent manner;
- A topic of potentially broad general interest.
The selection committee comprises former award winners.
Deadline for receiving nominations for the 2015-16 awards is April 10, 2015
Send nomination packets electronically to:
Faculty Speaker Series Selection Committee
c/o Amy Kopp
Faculty Senate Office