Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Human Resources

HR Records

Welcome to Human Resources Records!  We work hard to create and maintain all employment records.  We also make sure that all Faculty and Staff campus contact information is accurate.  Has your name changed recently?  Records can help with that.  Other things that records can help with: Decentralized HR Representative list, termination calculations, changes to your personal information and employment verifications!

  Social Circle of people

Employment Verification

If you are in need of an employment verification, you may call (307)766-2215, option 1, for more information. If specific information needs to be released, please be prepared with the employee's signed Authorization to Release statement. You may fax this, along with any other forms, to (307)766-5607, or email to Please note it may take up to 24 business hours to fulfill your request.

If you are a current employee looking to obtain a letter verifying employment, you may make that request in person or via your University email account. If you have any other questions related to the employment verification process, please contact HR Records at (307)766-2215, option 1.

Updating Personal Information

It's very important to notify Human Resources if any of your personal information has changed to ensure delivery of time sensitive information. Currently, one can update most information by visiting WyoWeb to log into WyoCloud Financial Management & HCM → My Profile → Personal Information.  If for some reason, you are experiencing difficulties, or no longer have access, please don't hesitate to contact HR Records at (307)766-2215, option 1, or email

An employee can elect to change their current username and must fall into one of two categories: 1. Your name has changed due to marriage, divorce, etc; (must be verified with a new social security card showing the new name) along with updating your name with Human Resources, which also requires the new social security card. You may change your name, but elect to keep your current username, if you so desire. 2. You believe your current username is inappropriate. (This option only applies if the username was employee selected). System generated names cannot be changed. In either of these instances, you cannot pick your new username; it will be assigned to you automatically using the initial of your first name plus up to 7 characters of your last name. If another person has the same username, a number will be added at the end for a total of up to 8 characters. A username change must be made in person at our offices in Hill Hall room 327.

Retention Schedules

The UW American Heritage Center Archives and Records Management Program, seeks to promote efficiency and economy, by providing assistance to university offices in the maintenance and disposition of their records.  The following link comprises all scheduled records for the university.

Meet Us


Marilyn Johnson, HR Records Specialist, Senior

Office: Hill Hall, Room 307


Phone: (307)766-2259

Fax: (307)766-5607

Jennifer Brown, HR Specialist

Office: Hill Hall, Room 306


Phone: (307)766-2223

Fax: (307)766-5607

Contact Us

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon