Sidebar Site Navigation
- Located in Laramie, Wyoming in the southeast corner of Wyoming, about two hours north of Denver, CO
- Population of Laramie: 30,800
- Elevation: 7,220
- Nearby outdoor recreation: Snowy Range Mountains (25 minutes to the west), Vedauwoo (15 minutes to the east), Steamboat, CO (2 hours)
Enrollment and Academic Environment
- Total UW enrollment: 13,929
- Undergraduates: 10,209
- Graduate and professional degree students: 3,720
- Non-resident enrollment: 26%
- Undergraduates over 25 years old: 22%
- New freshman class size: 1,594
- Average high school GPA (new freshmen): 3.43
- Average ACT (new freshmen): 23.9
- Academic programs: approximately 190 areas of study in colleges of Arts & Sciences, Agriculture & Natural Resources, Business, Education, Engineering & Applied Science, Health Sciences, Law and the School of Energy Resources
- Average undergraduate class size: 29 students
- Student clubs and organizations: 200+
- Division I-A Athletics, Mountain West Conference
Did You Know?
- UW was ranked among the nation's top colleges and universities by US News & World Report, Forbes, and Princeton Review in 2010.
- UW has the largest single scholarship endowment for study abroad support in the U.S.
- UW's Honors Program has been named as one of the best among public universities.
- UW students can receive UW credit for courses taken through the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS).
- Outside magazine has recognized UW as one of the top "adventure colleges."