The following expanded and improved areas* will occur in Half Acre Gym on the first, second and third floors.
- Improved accessibility including a passenger elevator to access all levels.
- Academic space for Kinesiology and Health and Theater and Dance courses, a classroom for academic courses as well as in-house training, and new racquetball courts with glass back walls for observation and instruction.
- Expanded Outdoor Program space including a climbing wall located in the southeast corner of the building with an elevated pinnacle wall, serving as an eye-catching focal point both for the interior spaces and exterior campus.
- A significant increase in cardiovascular exercise and weight training areas including a new and improved large fitness area on the
first floor and additional smaller, more private fitness spaces on the
second and third floors.
- On the second floor, all court sports will be consolidated into one central location. In addition to the traditional wood floor court of Half Acre, users will have access to a new Multi-Activity Court (MAC) gymnasium.
- The third floor will accommodate more fitness areas, updated and expanded group fitness rooms and dance studios, as well as an updated walking/jogging track.
- New men's and women's locker rooms adjacent to the pool, as well as new assisted changing rooms and express lockers.
- The opportunity to integrate multiple aspects of holistic wellness under a single roof.
- New men's and women's locker rooms adjacent to the pool, as well as new assisted changing rooms, steam rooms, and express lockers.
- A new entrance and lounge located in the southeast corner of the building to tie the union, library and business building entrances together (the historic entrance will remain accessible).
- A large fitness area similar to the historic infield.
- A climbing wall located in
the southeast corner of the building with a two-story climbing wall pinnacle and separate bouldering wall,
serving as an eye-catching focal point both for the interior spaces and
- Academic space for Kinesiology and Health.
- A classroom for academic courses as well as in-house training.
- A wellness center that will integrate many aspects of holistic wellness.
- Expanded Outdoor Program space including an exterior entrance, 15 min. parking to pick up equipment, and expanded areas for students, faculty and staff to work on their own bikes and ski equipment.
- A new heated spa in the pool area.
- Converted historical entrance with a lounge.
- Four new racquetball courts with glass back walls for observation and
instruction. One racquetball court will be capable of converting to a squash court.
- A new Multi-Activity Court (MAC)
gymnasium with wood floors for a variety of activities.
- Additional fitness spaces with views into the climbing wall area and to the south.
- A new dedicated room for stationary bike "spinning" classes.
- A large multi-purpose room for group exercise classes.
- The three existing courts in the main gym will be updated and will remain in the same location.
- An improved dance studio for Theatre and Dance courses and other activities.
- A new mind-body studio for yoga and other mindful activities.
- An added group exercise room.
- More fitness areas with views into the two-story climbing wall area, around the track, and outside.
- An updated
and expanded walking/jogging track.
*These improvements are subject to possible modification/change.