Online Master of Business Administration
MBA Programs Office 1000 E. University Ave.,
Dept. 3275 Laramie, WY 82071
Web site: http://www.uwyo.edu/mba/
The University of Wyoming offers a part-time Online MBA (EMBA). The EMBA Program is specifically designed for experienced business professionals interested in an AACSB accredited, 100% online program that fits their busy schedules. This two-year program is for professionals interested in enhancing their understanding of business disciplines and applying them to making decisions. Beginning each fall, the cohort-based program consists of 30 credit hours of coursework.
Program Admission Requirements
A Faculty Admissions Committee, chaired by the Director of the MBA Program, will review all applications. Admission to the Online MBA program is competitive, and only top candidates will be considered. (These requirements represent minimum applicant qualifications.) The committee will review all admission documents to determine if the applicant can successfully complete the program. The EMBA admission requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college; undergraduate GPA may be a consideration for admission.
- Five or more years of progressive, full-time professional work experience including three or more years in a supervisory/managerial role
- A grade of ‘B' or better in any required prerequisite courses*
- GMAT score of 550 or better* (GRE may substitute for GMAT)
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from superiors or business professionals
- Professional resume
- Quantitative skills: candidates whose backgrounds do not demonstrate proficiency in basic quantitative and analytic skills may be required to take a quantitative skills assessment test or receive a 'B' or better in any required prerequisite courses prior to admission.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended sent directly to the MBA Office. The MBA Program Office will perform a transcript analysis once all transcripts are received in order to determine if the applicant has fulfilled all prerequisites.
- Interview: Pre-admission interviews are encouraged and may be conducted prior to submission of a completed application. Candidates can request an interview by sending a copy of their resume to the Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note: Prerequisite coursework and the GMAT/GRE may be waived based on experience at the discretion of the MBA Program Director. Please contact the MBA Program Office for transcript analysis and resume evaluation prior to beginning any prerequisite course work or taking the GMAT/GRE exam.
Important: Attainment of these requirements does not guarantee admission.
Prerequisite coursework may be waived based on experience at the discretion of the MBA Program Director. Please contact the MBA Program office for transcript analysis and resume evaluation prior to beginning any prerequisite course work.
- MGT 3210: Management and Organization.
- MKT 3210: Introduction to Marketing.
- FIN 3250: Corporate Finance.
- ECON 4030: Managerial Economics.
- DSCI 3210: Production and Operations Management.
All prerequisite courses are offered online through the University of Wyoming Outreach School. For information on what semester these courses are offered, contact the MBA Program Office. An equivalent course that is pre-approved by the MBA Programs Office may be completed at a regionally, and preferably AACSB International, accredited institution..