Sidebar Site Navigation
Executive Master of Business Administration
MBA Programs Office 1000 E. University Ave.,
Dept. 3275 Laramie, WY 82071
Web site: http://www.uwyo.edu/mba/
The University of Wyoming offers a part-time Executive MBA (EMBA). The EMBA Program is specifically designed for experienced business professionals interested in an AACSB accredited, 100% online program that fits their busy schedules. This two-year program is for professionals interested in enhancing their understanding of business disciplines and applying them to making decisions. Beginning each fall, the cohort-based Executive MBA program consists of 30 credit hours of coursework:
- Quality instruction by experienced tenured faculty who work together to instruct and support students
- An online program that holds accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International - an accreditation achieved by less than 5 percent of business schools worldwide (www.aacsb.edu).
- Courses designed to build on one another in a cohort-based program in which students proceed through the entire program with the same group of classmates
- Innovative curriculum, high integration of theory and application, and significant emphasis on teamwork and leadership skills
- No requirement to come to class on-campus with 100% online instruction
- Part-time program, lasting two years and consisting of 30 credited hours
- Access to networking events on and off campus
A UW Executive MBA viewed as a valuable asset in the eyes of current and future employers
Program Admission Requirements
A Faculty Admissions Committee, chaired by the Director of the MBA Program, will review all applications. Admission to the Executive MBA program is competitive, and only top candidates will be considered. (These requirements represent minimum applicant qualifications.) The committee will review all admission documents to determine if the applicant can successfully complete the program. The EMBA admission requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college Note: There is no minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) requirement; however, GPA may be a consideration for admission.
- 3 or more years of professional work experience preferred
- A grade of ‘B' or better in any required prerequisite courses*
- GMAT score of 550 or better* (GRE may substitute for GMAT)
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from superiors or business professionals, accompanied by an official recommendation form and sent directly to the MBA Program Office by the author of the reference
- Professional resume
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended sent directly to the MBA Office. The MBA Program Office will perform a transcript analysis once all transcripts are received in order to determine if the applicant has fulfilled all prerequisites.
*Note: Prerequisite coursework and the GMAT may be waived based on experience at the discretion of the MBA Program Director. Please contact the MBA Program Office for transcript analysis and resume evaluation prior to beginning any prerequisite course work.
Important: Attainment of these requirements does not guarantee admission.
Prerequisite coursework may be waived based on experience at the discretion of the MBA Program Director. Please contact the MBA Program office for transcript analysis and resume evaluation prior to beginning any prerequisite course work.
- MGT 3210: Management and Organization.
- MKT 3210: Introduction to Marketing.
- FIN 3250: Managerial Finance.
- ECON 4030: Managerial Economics.
- DSCI 3210: Production and Operations Management.
All prerequisite courses are offered online through the University of Wyoming Outreach School. For information on what semester these courses are offered, contact the MBA Program Office. An equivalent course that is pre-approved by the MBA Programs Office may be completed at a regionally, and preferably AACSB International, accredited institution..