Sidebar Site Navigation
Battle of the Bands
Get ready for Battle of the Bands 2011!
Friday, April 15th @ 8PM in the Union Ballroom
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Friday Night Fever’s BATTLE OF THE BANDS 2011 will take place at 8 p.m. on Friday, April 15 in the Wyoming Union Ballroom. Each band will be competing for the chance to win a grand prize of $1,500. All sound, lighting and technical assistance will be provided by the Associated Students Technical Services (ASTEC). If any band/ band members act irrationally or inappropriately as determined by the Friday Night Fever staff, the band and its members will be eliminated from the competition and will not be allowed to perform.
Each band must submit a demo, in mp3 format or on a music CD (absolutely NO MySpace pages will be accepted as a demo!) a stage plot, and this entry form no later than 5 p.m., Tuesday, March 22, to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Attn: Friday Night Fever
Campus Activities Center, Dept. 3625
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
- By submitting this demo you agree to allow Friday Night Fever to use the music for marketing purposes. Music will not be copied, redistributed or given out to individuals outside of Friday Night Fever.
- The FNF team will pick their top 5 or 6 bands that will compete in the Battle of the Band
- All bands will play on one main stage with the same amount of technical assistance and lighting provided to create a fair playing atmosphere.
- We will be deciding the allotment of microphones, DI boxes, and other inputs based on what the performing groups need. Some groups may not have as many inputs as they want, others will have more than they need. All groups will be notified of what inputs are available before the event.
- Each band has 10 minutes to set up including sound check.
- If the band takes longer to set up, this will cut into their actual playing time.
- If the band takes less time they can add the remainder to their set.
- Each band has 25 minutes to play their set.
- If the band goes over their 25 minutes, lights and sound will be shut off.
- Each band has 5 minutes to tear down off stage.
- No more than 6 bands will be competing in the Battle of Bands.
- The bands will not know what time they will be performing at until the night of performance to discourage having their fans only show up for their playing time and thus swaying the votes.
- Each band will be allowed to advertise the Battle of the Bands to encourage many people to show up.
- Each band is allowed to sell merchandise during the entire event.
- The BATTLE OF THE BANDS will be judged by three judges with a profession in music or a musical background, are knowledgeable and appreciative of all types of music, and will not favor their own personal preference or style.
- After the event, the bands will be given their score sheets.
- The winner of the BATTLE OF THE BANDS will be announced after all score sheets from the judges have been submitted and reviewed.
- The prize money will be awarded one to two weeks after the competition. Due to legal issues we regret to inform those participants that Friday Night Fever cannot award prize money on the spot. Participants will be required to sign a vendor form in order to claim their prize money.
- Participants will be informed of any changes made to these rules.