Sidebar Site Navigation
Campus Activities Center
101 S. 13th St.
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-6340
Fax: (307) 766-3762
So You Think You Can Dance UW
Calling All Dancers!!!
Sign up in the Campus Activities Center for So You Think You Can Dance UW
Win a Prize in any category
Early Application deadline is Wednesday, October 19, 2011
The first 30 applicants will be guarenteed a spot
Click here for an Application
Rules for Participating
- The first 30 applicants who have submitted an application before the deadline of early application on Wednesday, October 19, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. will be guaranteed a slot during So You Think You Can Dance UW. In the case of receiving fewer than 30 applications, those crews who have not submitted an application will be offered a first-come, first-serve basis, if time allows.
- Performances will be held in the Education Auditorium on Friday, October 21, 2011, beginning at 9:00pm. Doors will open to the public at 8:30pm. Each competitor performing will be given a number and are to appear in order.
- There are three divisions of competition: Individual (1 performer), couple (2 performers), and group (3 or more competitors).
- Participants will enter stage from offstage area, introduce themselves, and perform. Participants have a time slot of five minutes or less on stage.
- The use of props is permitted.
- All music, choreography, group names, and props must be tasteful and appropriate.
- The groups will each be given the opportunity to perform one choreographed routine which will not exceed five (5) minutes.
- The music chosen for each performance must be in CD format and provided by the performing dance groups by 8:50PM.
- There will be no opportunity for sound check.
- Judges will be allotted two minutes each for critiques between each performance.
- The judges' scores will be tallies and results will be announced the same evening for Best Individual, Best Couple, and Best Group performances.
- In the event of a tie, Kat Nicola and the most senior Friday Night Fever volunteer will be given the authority to break the tie.
- The prize money will be awarded one to two weeks after the competition. Due to legal issues, we regret to inform that Friday Night Fever cannot award prize money on the spot. Participants will be required to sign a vendor form in order to claim their prize money.