Embrace art and make it accessible to the campus for the benefit of the community at large. Stimulate appreciation for and advance the knowledge of works of art by providing a resource to exhibit and educate the UW community and its guests.
Click here to see past exhibitions held in our gallery!
Where is the Gallery 234 located?
The Gallery 234 is is located in the Wyoming Union on the campus of the University of Wyoming in Laramie. The gallery is located in the lower level of the Union, at the base of the west staircase.
When is the Gallery 234 opened?
During the normal academic year, the gallery is opened Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm. During the summer, the gallery is open Monday-Friday, 9am to 3pm when exhibits are featured. The gallery will be closed when the Wyoming Union is closed. Click here to check out the Gallery Map.
Who decides what shows are accepted for the gallery?
A committee including the Visual & Cultural Arts Programmer, the Program Advisor, and Assistant Director determine which exhibit submissions are accepted into the gallery.
What do I need to apply for an exhibit?
All submissions and applicants should be presented professionally. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Contact the Programmer of Visual & Cultural Arts if you need assistance putting together the application materials.
- Gallery 234 Application
- Ten to twenty professional quality pictures/representations of your work copied on a CD or DVD that will be not be returned
- An artist's statement that discusses the themes and intentions you address in your work (300 word maximum)
Preference for submissions will be given to:
- University of Wyoming students
- Works that are collaborative in nature
- Exhibits of social responsibility, advocacy, and change
- Exhibits with an interactive piece to engage the community
- UW Faculty, staff, and Wyoming community or traveling exhibits