Sidebar Site Navigation
WWII Spy and Holocaust Survivor to Speak During Holocaust Remembrance Week
November 1, 2012 — Holocaust Remembrance Week at the University of Wyoming is Nov. 4-9 and offers several events to honor those lost during World War II.
The week starts with the Colorado Hebrew Chorale performance Sunday, Nov. 4, at 2 p.m. in the Wyoming Union Yellowstone Ballroom. Other highlights include presentations by Holocaust survivor Estelle Nadel and Jewish WWII spy Maximilian Lerner.
The following free events are scheduled as part of Holocaust Remembrance Week at University of Wyoming.
- Sunday, Nov. 4, 2 p.m. -- Colorado Hebrew Chorale, Wyoming Union West Yellowstone Ballroom.
- Monday, Nov. 5.-Friday, Nov. 9, 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. -- “Reading of the Names” will honor those lost during the Holocaust, Program Lounge in the lower level of the Wyoming Union.
- Monday, Nov. 5, 6:30 p.m. -- The film “The Pianist” can be seen in the Wyoming Union Senate Chambers, Room 221.
- Tuesday, Nov. 6, 12:30-2:30 p.m. -- Sonja’s Legacy presentation, Wyoming Union Family Room 212.
- Wednesday, Nov. 7, noon-2 p.m. -- Skype session with WWII Jewish spy Maximilian Lerner, Wyoming Union Family Room 212.
- Wednesday, Nov. 7, 6:30 p.m. -- The film “Defiance” can be seen in the Wyoming Union Senate Chambers, Room 221.
- Thursday, Nov. 8, 12:15-2 p.m. -- Holocaust survivor presentation with Estelle Nadel, College of Education auditorium.
- Thursday, Nov. 8, 2-3:30 p.m. -- Reception for Estelle Nadel, Wyoming Union West Yellowstone Ballroom.
- Thursday, Nov. 8, 6:30 p.m. -- The film “Schindler's List” can be seen in the Wyoming Union East Yellowstone Ballroom.
Volunteers are needed for half-hour time slots to read the names of those who were murdered in the Holocaust during the “Reading of the Names.” Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life sponsors the events. For more information or to participate in the “Reading of the Names,” call (307) 760-9275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .