Room 3050, Engineering Building
University of Wyoming
College of Engineering and Applied Science
Department of Civil & Architectural Engineering
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Office Phone: 307.766.4388
Fax Number: 307.766.2221
For more information visit Dr. Ng's research homepage
- B.S. Civil Engineering, Iowa State University, 1996
- M.S. Civil Engineering, Iowa State University, 1997
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, Iowa State University, 2011
Academic and Professional Experience:
- Field Engineer, 1998‒99
- Consultant, 2000‒03
- Contractor, 2004‒07
- Research Assistant, 2008-10
- Instructor, 2011-12
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, 2011-12
- Foundation Engineering
- Soil-structure Interaction
- Geotechnical Reliability Theory
- Site Investigations
- Underground Structures and Pipes
- Soil and Rock Mechanics
- Pavement Foundation
- Slope Stability
- Deep Foundation Institute (DFI)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- United State Universities Council on Geotechnical Education and Research (USUCGER)
- Geotechnical Limits to Embankment Scour
- Characterization of Material Properties for Mechanistic-Empirical Pavement Design
- Settlement Evaluation of Bridge Approach Slab
- Intelligent Compaction
- Development of Load and Resistance Factor Design for Deep Foundations
- Investigation of Pile Setup
- Testing of Ultra-High Performance Concrete (UHPC) Piles
- Young Professor Paper Award, First Runner-up,Deep Foundation Institute, 2013
- Faculty Grant-in-Aid Award, University ofWyoming, 2013
- Soil Mechanics Section Best Paper Award,Transportation Research Board, 2012
- Research Excellence Award, Iowa State University, 2011
- Pak Liu Fung Scholarship Award, 1996
- J. Wade Switzer Scholarship Fund Award, 1995
- C.W. Shirey Award, 1995
- Ng, K.W. “Towards a Performance-Based Design of Drilled Shafts.” Journal of Deep Foundation Institute. (Accepted for publication)
- Ng, K.W. and Sritharan, S. (2013). “Improving Dynamic Soil Parameters and Advancing the Pile Signal Matching Technique.” Computers and Geotechnics, Vol. 54, October, Elsevier, pp. 166-174.
- Ng, K.W., M. Roling, S.S. AbdelSalam, S. Sritharan, and M.T. Suleiman. (2013). “Pile Setup in Cohesive Soil with Emphasis on LRFD: An Experimental Investigation.” Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, 139(2), pp. 199-209.
- Ng, K.W., M.T. Suleiman, and S. Sritharan. (2013). “Pile Setup in Cohesive Soil with Emphasis on LRFD: Analytical Quantifications and Design Recommendations.” Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, 139(2), pp. 210-222.
- Ng, K.W., S. Sritharan, K.F. Dunker, and D. Danielle. (2012) “Verification of Recommended Load and Resistance Factor Design Approach to Pile Design and Construction in Cohesive Soils.” Journal of Transportation Record, Volume 2310, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C, pp. 49-58.
- Ng, K. W., Lohnes, R., Wipf, T., and Klaiber, F. W. (2012). “Simulated Live loading of Polyethylene Pipes with Various Backfill Conditions.” Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Volume 17, Bundle U, pp. 2861-2872.
- Ng, K. W., Lohnes, R., Wipf, T., and Klaiber, F. W. (2012). “Numerical Analysis of Polyethylene Pipes Using Culvert Analysis and Design (CANDE).” Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Volume 17, Bundle U, pp. 2873-2890.
- Garder, J. A., S. Sritharan, and K. W. Ng. (2012). “Field Testing of Precast UHPC Piles and Long-term Performance Monitoring.” In Proceeding of the 58th PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference. September, Nashville, TN.
- Ng, K.W., S. Sritharan, and M.T. Suleiman. (2011). “Procedure for Incorporating Pile Setup in Load and Resistance Factor Design of Steel H-Piles in Cohesive Soils.” Transportation Research Board, 90th annual meeting, Washington, D.C.
- Ng, K.W., M.T. Suleiman, and S. Sritharan. (2010). “LRFD Resistance Factors Including the Influence of Pile Setup for Design of Steel H-Pile Using WEAP.” Geotechnical Special Publication No. 199, Advances in Analysis, Modeling & Design, ASCE, pp. 2153-2161.
- LRFD Workshop on Bridge Foundations Consisting of Driven Piles in Iowa, March 2012
- Two 1-Day LRFD Workshop on Bridge Foundations Consisting of Driven Piles in Iowa, October 2012.