Wyoming 4-H Youth Development Program
University of Wyoming Extension
Wyoming 4-H Email Shooting Match
Information for Youth Participants
- The contest will run 6 weeks – March 30th to May 8th. One score per week will be tallied. Participants will have all week to shoot and their score will be verified by a certified shooting sports leader. County scores will be given to the local county office or e-mailed directly to the state office where they will be posted on the web.
- The first scores are due to the state 4-H office April 6th and then every Monday for the next 5 weeks (April 13, April 20, April 27, May 4, and May 9).
- Six scores are available and the highest 3 will count toward the participant’s total.
- The state archery competition will be followed but only the scores from the blue face target round will be used. The State archery competition rules and regulations are attached below.
- The age categories will be junior, intermediate, and senior with the option of shooting class A, B, C, or D.
- Juniors will shoot from 10 yards, 5 arrows, 6 times.
- Intermediates and seniors will shoot from 20 yards, 5 arrows, 6 times.
- 150 points will be possible.
For your convenience a score sheet is included below. The score sheet does not need to be submitted – only the total score for each participant will need to be submitted to the state 4-H office.
Information for Extension Staff & Shooting Sports Volunteers
For your convenience a score sheet is located here.
Use this file to report final scores to the State 4-H Office via email. You will need the most current version of Adobe Reader.
Final scores (do not send individual score sheets) are due to the State 4-H Office on the dates listed below:
- April 6
- April 13
- April 20
- April 27
- May 4
- May 9
Match Rules & Course of Fire
There will be four classes in archery:
Class A. Long bow and recurve
Class B. Bare bow
Class C. Freestyle Limited
Class D. Freestyle Unlimited
Class A: Long Bow and Recurve
- Bow shall be free of any sights, marks, or stabilizers (screw in or glue on arrow rests will be allowed).
- One or two nocks will be allowed (one above and one below arrow nock).
- String may be made of one or more strands. The center serving must be of one consistent size.
- String will be free of marks, colors, or patterns that can be used for sighting.
- String silencers will be allowed.
- Gloves, tabs, or fingers shall be the only release aid.
Class B: Bare bow
- Same as class A except a stabilizer no longer than 12” will be allowed
Class C: Freestyle limited
- Any type of sight and its written memorandum may be used. (Scope sights are not allowed)
- A kisser button and peep will be allowed on the string
- Gloves, tabs, or fingers shall be the only release aid
- A stabilizer and counter balance maybe used (no length restriction)
- Olympic style recurves will only be allowed in class C
Class D: Freestyle unlimited
Same as class C but in addition:
- Release aids may be used
- A scoped sight may be used
All equipment must be checked for proper class and deemed safe for use at time of check in. Crossbows are prohibited. Eye protection is not mandatory but arm guards are mandatory for all juniors.
Participants will need to supply their own bows, arrows, and quivers. A quiver must be used. Bow quivers, back quivers, belt quivers, and ground quivers are allowed.
- Binoculars will be allowed for use on the range, range finders are not allowed.
- Toe to the firing line (no crossing the firing line while range is open.)
- No high drawing
- Bows are not permitted down range. Bow racks will be provided.
- All complaints and/or discrepancies will be taken up with the range commander only.
- Anyone exhibiting poor sportsmanship or behavior will be asked to leave the archery range.
One round of the competition will be shot at 40 cm blue faced targets.
- Juniors shoot from 10 yards, 5 arrows, 6 times.
- Intermediates and Seniors shoot from 20 yards, 5 arrows, 6 times
- Shots will be scored 5X, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and 0. The arrow is counted when touching the line.
- Participants may shoot the blue face round using the 5 spot target. 5 spot target scoring will be used (5X, 5, 4, 3, 0)
- 150 points possible