Sidebar Site Navigation
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-5160
Toll Free: (800) 342-5996
Fax: (307) 766-4042
The University of Wyoming is proud to offer the Rocky Mountain Scholars Award to eligible international freshmen students. The Rocky Mountain Scholars Award provides annual scholarship support to select new international freshmen students based on their incoming cumulative grade point average (GPA).
|3.0 - 3.39||$3,000|
|3.4 - 4.0||$5,500|
To be considered for the Rocky Mountain Scholars Award, international students must:
- Apply for admission by May 1 (for Fall enrollment)*
- Submit the $40 admission application fee by May 1 (for Fall enrollment)*
- Submit official high school/secondary school transcripts by May 1 (for Fall enrollment)*
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores by May 1 (for Fall enrollment)*
- Submit a completed UW Confidential Financial Statement by May 1
- Be admitted to UW
*International students applying to be new freshmen in the Spring semester (starting in January), must have the above completed by November 1 of the previous year for consideration.
Students are provisionally awarded the Rocky Mountain Scholars Award by the UW Admissions Office shortly after being admitted. Final awards are made upon receipt of all final academic records. A student's scholarship award may go up or down based on their final cumulative GPA. The University of Wyoming Admissions Office evaluates all international transcripts and calculates grade point averages for students upon receiving all application materials.
Students selected to receive the Rocky Mountain Scholars Award for the Fall semester must confirm their enrollment at UW by May 1.
Initial Eligibility and Scholarship Compliance
- The Rocky Mountain Scholars Award is only available to first-time, entering international freshmen seeking their first bachelor's degree.
- This scholarship is renewable for up to 8 semesters (4 academic years) or up to the first bachelor's degree whichever comes first.
- Students must maintain full-time continuous enrollment in Laramie campus courses (12 semester hours) during the Fall and Spring semesters each year but is not available for use during the Summer semester.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA (evaluated at the end of each Spring semester).
All scholarships are subject to available funding.