College of Engineering and Applied Science
Scholarships for High Achievers
The College of Engineering and Applied Science awards annual scholarships separately from those awarded by the UW Office of Admissions and Office of Student Financial Aid. Engineering scholarships are competitive and based on academic merit. Our scholarships are paid separately (in addition to) those awarded by the University. Neither the UW Office of Student Financial Aid nor the College of Engineering and Applied Science requires a separate application for most scholarships. Some university-level scholarships do require additional applications and/or may have alternate application deadlines. Click here
to find out more. All students admitted to the University of Wyoming by Dec. 1 are considered automatically for scholarships for the next academic year. Students admitted by Nov. 1 receive priority consideration.
The deadline for Spring 2016 study abroad scholarships from the College is Oct. 15, 2015
Engineering Undergraduate Research Scholars Program
As part of the University of Wyoming Tier-1 Initiative, the CEAS will recognize a limited number of top high school graduating seniors for their academic achievement as recipients of the highly competitive Undergraduate Engineering Scholars Program. We are seeking outstanding students interested in being mentored in research and scholarship. These students will be offered an opportunity to join active research teams conducting world-class research. Click here
for more information.
External Scholarships and Fellowships
Several off-campus organizations offer scholarship opportunities to UW students. The selection process is handled by the individual organizations. Application criteria and deadlines for these scholarships vary. As we receive information on new off-campus scholarship opportunities, we will post them on this page. Check back often for updates.
- Simpson Strong-Tie Scholarship Program (Due April 25, 2017) Fill-In PDF Form
- Cheyenne Engineers Club - for students from Laramie County, WY (Due May 3, 2017)
- Charles P. Lake - Rain for Rent Scholarship Program - Application Form (Due Feb. 1, 2017), Student Letter (Due April 30, 2017)
- UW INBRE Undergraduate Research Fellowships (Due Feb. 3, 2017)
- American Public Power Association DEED Scholarships (Annual Deadlines: Feb. 15 and Oct. 15)
- Best in the West (Due Mar 6, 2017)
- 2017-2018 Killam Fellowships Program (Due Jan 31, 2017)
- Joseph King McMahon Petroleum Engineering Scholarship (Due Mar. 1 2017)
- The Rocky Mountain Section of the Society of Women Engineers Scholarship Program - Application Form (Due Feb. 1, 2017), Cover Letter (Due Feb. 1, 2017)
- ACEC Scholarship 2017-2018 (Due Feb. 16, 2017)
- AADE Scholarship (Due March 2, 2017)
- Gary Beach Memorial Scholarship (Due June 30, 2017) Application
More External Funding Opportunities
Project Lead the Way (PLTW) Scholarship
The University of Wyoming, College of Engineering and Applied Science is a proud partner of PLTW and offers scholarships for first year students. Students who have completed relevant coursework within the PLTW curriculum with a grade of a C or higher at a certified PLTW high school are eligible for the scholarship. This is a one-time scholarship awarded to students upon declaring their enrollment at the University of Wyoming College of Engineering and Applied Science.
For questions about the scholarship, please contact Teddi Hofmann, K-14 Project Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Project Lead the Way, please visit the website here