Graduate Stipends 2012-2013*
$25,500 total a year + a full tuition and fee waiver + medical insurance for a $33,000 total stipend.
All students admitted to the graduate program will be supported by a teaching assistantship during their first year contingent upon satisfactory performance.
Doctoral Academic Fellowships
$27,500 to $30,000 for the first year + a full tuition waiver + medical insurance for a $35,000 to $37,500 total stipend.
Distinguished Academic Fellowships are limited and are reserved for outstanding candidates. Fellowship selection is made on a competitive basis. Fellowships are often awarded for a single year. In the second year Fellows normally revert to either a teaching or research assistantship with a minimum stipend of $25,500 per year.
Early Acceptance Augmentation for well qualified applicants
For qualifying students we offer a $13,000 fellowship for early acceptance.
To qualify you must have a GPA of ≥3.00 and GRE of ≥317. Students must complete
their chemistry department applications by February 28, 2013. The fellowship
will be distributed as $5,000 for the first academic year, $3,000 for the first
summer, and $5,000 for the second academic year. APPLY NOW! Contact Dr. Milan Balaz
at email@example.com for more information.
Acceptance is competitive, minimum requirements to apply for either Teaching Assistantships or Doctoral Academic Fellowships include:
• GPA: 3.0 or its equivalent
• GRE: A minimum of 297 (V+Q) for Ph.D. Degree and 291 for Master's Degree (School code for UW is 4855).
• Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your chemistry abilities.
• Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended, unofficial will
be accepted by our Department, however, if accepted, Official will need
to be sent for admission to the University.
• Official TOEFL examination scores for all international applicants from non-English speaking countries (School code for UW is 4855). A minimum score of 80 on the Internet-based test is required for full admission.
*Maintenance of all assistantships is contingent upon satisfactory progress toward degree requirements and subject to available funding. Students unable to teach and who do not qualify for a Doctoral Academic Fellowship will receive a $21,500 stipend + tuition and fees.