Sidebar Site Navigation
Semester/Year of Graduation
Undergraduate or Graduate (circle one)
1. Why did you chose the department of Family & Consumer Sciences?
2. If you were to start over, would you chose the same major? Why or why not?
3. What are your plans for the future?
Do you feel your degree
has prepared you for your plans C academically and otherwise? Please
5. If not, in what area(s) are you weak?
Were the courses in your
area of specialization within the department oriented toward your
interests? Please explain how they were, or in what ways they were not.
7. What course(s) were the most beneficial to you? How or why?
8. What course(s) were of least value to you? Why?
9. How adequate were the supporting courses in other colleges? Explain.
10. Think of the best instructor you had. Now describe to me what made that person a
teacher...what specific attributes or aspects of this instructor=s teaching style did you most respond
11. Did you feel that course work in the department of
Family and Consumer Sciences has given you an
appreciation for the interdisciplinary nature of the field? If yes, which courses helped you develop
this appreciation? If no, how might the courses in the department do a better job in this area?
12. Do you feel that course work in the Department of Family
and Consumer Sciences has increased your
sensitivity to and/or appreciation of diversity-related issues? If yes, which courses? If no, how
might the department do a better job in this area?
13. Did you receive adequate advising as you progressed
through your program? In what ways was
helpful or problematic?
14. If you had an internship experience, was it beneficial? Explain.
15. Are you planning on additional schooling after graduation? If yes, explain.
16. Do you have a job after graduation? If yes, please name the employer and the
salary or a salary
17. Have you actively pursued getting a job after graduation? Why or why not?
18. What were your most positive experiences in the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences?
19. What were your most negative experiences in the department of Family and Consumer Sciences?
20. In what ways can the department improve?
21. What kinds of communication would you like to receive from the department as an alum?
22. Is there any additional information you would like to provide in this exit interview?