Graduate Student Resources
Ross Hall, Room 122
1000 E. University Ave
Laramie, WY 82071
Admissions (M.A. in Philosophy)
How to Apply to the Graduate Program in Philosophy
To guarantee consideration, materials must be received by the February 1st deadline. However, later applications will be considered dependent on availability of graduate slots, which may extend throughout the summer.
Inquiries should be directed to Dr. Robert Colter by e-mail: email@example.com or by phone: at 307-766-3231.
The following is a list of required materials that will need to be submitted electronically through Graduate Admissions application site: http://www.uwyo.edu/admissions/graduate/index.html. All materials can be submitted electronically once the application fee has been paid and the admissions agreement statement has been submitted.
- Statement of Purpose (detail your interests in philosophy and why you would like to join our program; not to exceed two pages)
- Writing Sample (a paper on any topic in philosophy; not to exceed 3,000 words)
- Transcripts (can be unofficial at first)
- For Non-Native English speakers only, TOEFL scores required.
- Three confidential letters of recommendation (not older than one year; preferably from philosophy faculty). Requests to recommenders can be submitted electronically through the application process and then they can respond electronically with the required recommendation form and any attachments.
Any inquiries regarding to the status of your application should be addressed to Office Associate, Clayleen Rivord by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 307-766-3204.
For further information regarding graduate studies at the University of Wyoming, refer to the Graduate Education site.
Persons seeking admission, employment or access to programs of the University of Wyoming shall be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or political belief.