Sidebar Site Navigation
**Please note that due to costruction activities in Half Acre reservable areas are significantly impacted**
Please read the following information before submitting your request in the form, below.
Reserving the facility
- Campus Recreation facilities may only be reserved/rented for the purpose of recreation and exercise activities.
- Reservations are accepted on a semester basis only.
- Reservations made at least 72 hours in advance may guarantee use of the facilities, if space and employees are available. If a reservation is made less than 72 hours in advance, it may not be possible to obtain employees and use of the facility may be denied.
- Confirmation of a reservation for facilities may take up to five (5) days after the facility request form is completed and returned. After this request has been approved an email confirmation will be sent to the email address provided on the front of this form. Questions can be directed to (307) 766-3428.
- Cancellation must be made 24 hours prior to start of reservation or employee costs are still the responsibility of the requester.
- Facility users may be responsible for setup/cleanup of activity area. Additional costs may be applied if recreation staff provides this service.
- Contact the Kinesiology & Health department for usage information about the equipment and floor mats in Corbett Gym 766-5285.
University of Wyoming Requirements
Non-UW affiliated groups
- If a reservation is open to the public, includes members of the public not sponsored or affiliated with UW, or is from an outside agency/organization (meaning non-UW affiliated), the following waiver must be printed, signed, and returned by every participant to Campus Recreation staff prior to or at the start of your reservation.
- Liability Insurance: All groups using Campus Recreation facilities must provide a proof of insurance certificate indicating single-liability insurance in which the University of Wyoming is named as additional insured in the amount of $1 million covering bodily injury, including death, and property damage. This certificate shall cover this program/event and shall provide a copy of Certification of Insurance to the University of Wyoming no later than ten (10) days before the event/program. The insurance company providing this liability insurance is required to send the University of Wyoming Notice of Cancellation 10 days prior to such cancellation. Please fax a copy of this certificate to us at (307) 766-6720 or e-mail.
- Active Recognized Student Organizations (RSO’s) participants are eligible to reserve activity areas for recreation and/or exercise activities if space is available during open building hours. All participants must be current Campus Recreation members or purchase a daily guest pass.
- Recognized Student Organizations (RSO's), must provide insurance IF their events include outside (non-UW affiliated) individuals or is open to the public, because RSO insurance coverage doesn't include outside participants.
Campus Recreation Facility Guidelines
- Accidents and injuries can and do occur during sport, recreation and exercise activities. Notice is hereby given that the University of Wyoming is not responsible for accidents, injuries and/or illnesses that may be incurred while on and/or during the use of university property; nor is the university responsible for any costs or expenses incurred as a result of any accident and/or injury that may occur on university property. Additionally, I understand the University of Wyoming is not responsible for any items lost/stolen in conjunction with the use of university facilities. I do understand and agree that my use of university facilities and/or services is at my own riskFood and drink are limited to the lobby area in Half Acre and Corbett. Covered water bottles are acceptable in activity areas.
- During open facility hours at Half Acre participants must come in as a group or use a WyoOne card or approved Campus Recreation Pass card to access the recreation facilities for this reservation. If non-university participants are part of the group a daily guest pass fee may be purchased at the service window in Half Acre the day of the reservation.
- For safety reasons minors must be escorted into the facility and supervised in all activity areas and locker rooms.
- Food and drink are limited to the lobby area in Half Acre and Corbett. Covered water bottles are acceptable in activity areas.
- Rental of Half Acre or Corbett pool will require hiring a minimum of 2 lifeguards to supervise the use of the pool. After that, the ratio for lifeguards/participants is 1 lifeguard for every 15 participants for adults; more may be needed for minors.
- Pool limits for Half Acre are 45 participants and at Corbett 92 participants at any time during a reservation.
- Children using diapers must have rubber pants or waterproof diapers to enter the pool.
- Pool reservations may end 10 minutes before the hour or start 10 minutes after the hour to clear the pool to prepare for the next activity.
- Minors using the pool must be supervised on deck or in the water at all times. Please see complete guidelines in the Policies and Procedures handbook at the front desk.
Campus Recreation Employee Guidelines
- Employee costs are doubled between 11 p.m.-8 a.m. and on University holidays.
Please complete the following form to request facilities managed by the Campus Recreation Department. Please note that Campus Recreation programs and services and academic classes have priority use for our facilities.