Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Office of the Registrar

Online Forms and Petitions

Please note that submission of an electronic petition does not guarantee expedited service and completion.  You are responsible for tracking your petition and/or canceling it if necessary.  Once a petition is in progress, it can be canceled only by calling the Office of the Registrar at 766-5272.

Not all forms and petitions are available in the online format; paper versions are available below.

Check the status of a submitted petition [Secure]

Authorization of Incomplete [Secure]

Class Withdrawal [Secure], after the withdrawal deadline, please submit an Exception Request [Secure]

            **Refunds are based on the completion date of the withdrawal, not the petition submission date**

Enrollment Authorization [Secure]* **

*May not be used if the course has a wait list. If the course has a wait list, please contact the department.

**This form may NOT be used for MATH courses or any College of Business or College of Engineering and Applied Sciences courses. Please contact the Math department, the College of Business Academic Advising office, or the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences Dean's office.**

Exception Requests online [Secure]

Final Examination Conflict [Secure]

Overload Petition [Secure]

Request for Extension of Incomplete [Secure]

Time Conflict [Secure]

University Studies Petition [Secure]

Student Forms and Petitions (Paper)


Academic Renewal (.doc), (.docx)

Anticipated Graduation Date - Please type your responses. Please note: This is a .pdf form. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free at

Authorization for Incomplete


Change of Major Form

Credit by Examination Application (.docx)


Enrollment Authorization Form (.doc), (.docx)

Enrollment Verification Request (doc), (.docx)

Exception Request (.doc), (.docx)


Name Change Request (.doc), (.docx)

Overload Petition (.doc), (.docx) 


Petition for Academic Reinstatement

Program Change Form (Change of Major)

Request for Change to 2015-16 Catalog (.doc), (.docx)

Request for Privacy (.doc), (.docx)

Request to Reserve Coursework for Graduate Credit (.docx)


Time Conflict Registration Approval (.doc), (.docx)

Transcript Request (.doc), ( .docx) Students attending prior to 1987 must use this form

Transcript Request - Online (via WyoRecords)

Transfer Evaluation (.docx), (.pdf)

Transfer Evaluation for College of Engineering and Applied Science (.docx), (.pdf)

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon