Coach Bios / Athlete
Bios / Ask the Coach
Christi Boggs has a long history in nordic skiing. As a junior
Christi was a member of a National Championship relay team and had
3 top 5 finishes in J1 and OJ divisions. Christi was also Colorado
State Champion in 1987. Christi was a member of the University of
Wyoming NCAA Nordic Ski Team from 1987 to 1992. While at UW Christi
was first-team All-American three times and second-team All-American
once, the top skier on the strongest Women's Nordic Team in the
Country! After college Christi changed her focus to Biathlon. During
the time Christi did Biathlon she attended the 1993 World University
Games, won the Rocky Mt. Cup and won the North American Cup twice.
Rachel Watson also has a long history in nordic skiing. As a junior
Rachel was Colorado State Champion in 1994, placed top 5 overall
at Junior Nationals as an OJ and was a member of a National Championship
relay team. Rachel was a member of the Denver University Pioneers
for 4 years, qualifying for NCAA Nationals her junior & senior
year. While at DU Rachel trained under NCAA Championship coach Knut
Nystad and US National Team Coach Trond Nystad. Rachel graduated
from DU Suma Kum Lauda with a degree in Chemistry in 1998 and with a Master's degree in Molecular Biology in 2001.
Christi’s coaching credentials include coaching high school
track & field, cross-country running and cross-country skiing.
Rachel and Christi have also worked with the United States Olympic
Committee and their Winter Sports for Girls program in Biathlon.
Together, Rachel and Christi have volunteer coached the University
of Wyoming Nordic Ski Team, for 7 years as well as being the coaches for the 2011 World University Games in Erzurum, Turkey. During this time UW
- 3 Men's Overall Team Titles (2006, 2009, 2010)
- 5 Women's Overall Team Titles (2003, 2004, 2007, 2009, 2010)
- 7 Men's Team Race Titles
- 14 Women's Team Race Titles
- 1 Individual Men's Overall Title (Daniel Lewis)
- 2 Individual Women's Overall Titles (Jennifer Kinner)
- 8 Individual Men's Titles (Dennis Feeney-2, Riley Hopeman-1, Daniel Lewis-3, Evgheniy Pahzhinskiy - 2)
- 10 Individual Women's Titles (Erika Lore-1, Jennifer Kinner-6, Kristen Boroff-1, Kari Boroff -1, Gracey Lewis - 1)
- 88 Overall Individual All-Americans (49 Women, 39 Men)
- 4 Team Relay Titles (2 Women, 2 Men)
- 81 Academic All-Americans
Christi is currently an instructional designer and instructor for Outreach Credit Programs at the University of Wyoming as well as being an adjunct professor in Adult Learning & Technology. Rachel is currently
a Academic Professional Lecturer for the Molecular Biology Department at UW teaching General
Microbiology labs and lectures and has started her doctoral work in Adult Learning & Technology.
Coaching is a labor of love.