Mission Statement and Confidentiality
The University Counseling Center (UCC) and AWARE Program support the University of Wyoming mission by providing proactive and responsive wellness services to students, empowering them to develop their identity and to realize their full academic and personal potential.
We cultivate partnerships to build community across campus and throughout the state and region in order to foster a culture of mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
Our services are guided by our devotion to provide a safe environment for all differences among all people. We honor diversity by accepting, supporting, affirming, empowering, and being open minded and respectful.
Who We Are and What We Do:
- We are a multidisciplinary, vibrant, dynamic, and diverse team
- We provide student oriented services that are timely, time-effective, and maximize an individual's capacity for growth
- We are professional, competent, and ethical
- We offer rich, varied, and challenging training opportunities for professional development
- We value, embrace, and respect diversity among all people including: national origin, race, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, functional ability, socio-economic status, body size and appearance, age, and religious affiliation
- We work to improve visibility of our department to increase opportunities for education and prevention
Here at UCC, protecting your privacy is of utmost importance to us. UCC maintains confidentiality for all of its clients. Counseling records are separate from academic and student health records and cannot be accessed by faculty, non-UCC staff, or parents without your written consent. There exceptions to the limits of confidentiality and these exceptions are:
• When a counselor believes you are an imminent danger to yourself and/or others.
• When a counselor learns of abuse to a child or vulnerable adult.
• When disclosure is made necessary by legal proceedings.
• If you are a minor, we need your parent's or guardian's permission to receive counseling at UCC. Any additional information to be shared needs to be discussed with counselor, client, and parent/guardian.